As a leader, learning to develop both the business brain and pastoral heart, and having the self-awareness of which to lean on in various situations, is crucial for anyone in the Executive Pastor role. It’s a gift to have a community like this to provide support, insight, and education through the ministry journey.
McKenzie Schreck, Executive Pastor
Capital Church, Salt Lake City
It goes well for the one who generously lends money,
and conducts his business honestly.
merciful ★ compassionate ★ just ★ generous ★ honest
More great speakers
2019 XP-Seminar Attendees
- Lee Allred, Executive Pastor, First Baptist Church, Tupelo, Mississippi
- Allyn Anderson, Executive Pastor of Operations, Hillside Fellowship, Spring Branch, Texas
- Leif Anderson, Executive Pastor, Grace Crossing Church, Beaverton, Ohio
- Mark Ashcraft, Sr. Associate, Creative Director, HH Architects, Richardson, Texas
- Todd Austin, CEO & Principal, Clark, Atlanta, Georgia
- Tim Badal, Lead Pastor, Village Bible Church, Sugar Grove, Illinois
- Scott Barfoot, Director DMin Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- Mike Batts, Managing Partner, Batts Morrison Wales and Lee, Orlando, Florida
- Nathan Baxter, Executive Leadership Coach, Lead-Self Lead-Others, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Brandon Beard, Executive Pastor, Compass Christian Church, Colleyville, Texas
- Dixie Beard, Senior Business Development Manager, GuideStone, Dallas, Texas
- Chris Becker, Operations Pastor, City Church, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Bobby Jo Berry, Product Marketer, Church Community Builder, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Rich Birch, Founder, UnSeminary, Orillia, Ontario, Canada
- Warren Bird, Vice President, ECFA, Suffern, New York
- Tonya Birkey, Sales Manager—MinistryWorks, Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Don Blue, Director of Finance, Grace Church, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- JB Bowling, Director of Business Development, Clark, Atlanta, Georgia
- Kari Boyce, Business Development Director, Thrivent Church Financing, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- John Boyle, Executive Pastor, Calvary Bible Church, Boulder, Colorado
- Barry Brits, Elder, Grace Baptist Church, Hudson, Massachusetts
- Dale Bronner, Executive Pastor, Word of Faith, Austell, Georgia
- Will Broxton, Next Steps Pastor, Newsong Church, Santa Ana, California
- Trevor Bryan, Senior Director of Finance, Vineyard Cincinnati Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Dave Burggraff, Executive Pastor, Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
- Dan Busby, President, ECFA, Westchester, Virginia
- Carlos Cambre, Executive Pastor, Destiny Christian Church, Pearl City, Hawaii
- Amy Cargle, Executive Director of Operations, Faith Bible Church, The Woodlands, Texas
- Jocelyn Castillo, Accountant, Creekside Christian Church, Elk Grove, California
- Steve Caton, Chief Grown Officer, Generis, Atlanta, Georgia
- Jenni Catron, CEO, The 4Sight Group, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Ignacio Cerda, Associate Pastor, Stonebriar Community Church, Frisco, Texas
- David Chase, Executive Pastor, Lake Arlington Baptist Church, Arlington, Texas
- Susan Chavez, Executive Pastor, Snoqualmie Valley Alliance, North Bend, Washington
- Robb Childs, Executive Pastor, Salem Alliance Church, Salem, Oregon
- Mitch Chitwood, Multisite & Outreach Pastor, StoneBridge Christian Church, Omaha, Nebraska
- Nate Chung, Executive Director, Solomon’s Porch Hong Kong, La Mirada, California
- Tom Clagett, Executive Director, Crossroads Bible Church, Bellevue Washington
- Rick Clapp, Executive Pastor, Mountain Springs Church, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Adam Clark, Manager—Agency Marketing Services, Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Todd Clark, Vice President Senior Leadership, Slingshot Group, Irvine, California
- Darrell Cloud, Executive Pastor, The Compass Church, Naperville, Illinois
- Liam Coventry, Executive Pastor, New Life Church, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Daniel Currie, Executive Pastor, Peavine Baptist Church, Rock Spring, Georgia
- Craig Curtis, Executive Pastor, Stone Oak Bible Church, San Antonio, Texas
- Bill Davis, Executive Pastor, Morningside Assembly, Sioux City. Iowa
- Colin Davis, Director of Hospitality, Worship Center, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Larry Davis, Executive Pastor, Plymouth Park Baptist Church, Irving, Texas
- Mark DeMoss, Professional Services Consultant, FellowshipOne/Ministry Brands, Dallas, Texas
- Frank Deno, Executive Director of Finance, Grace Fellowship, Watervliet, New York
- Bill Dodson, Director, Stifel, Nicolas & Company, Inc., Yorba Linda, California
- George Dossett, Assistant Executive Pastor, Morningside Assembly, Sioux City, Iowa
- Keith Duff, Executive Pastor, Village Bible Church, Sugar Grove, Illinois
- PJ Dunn, Director of Serve Ministry & IT, First Euless, Euless, Texas
- Jason Earle, Executive Director, Damascus Road Community Church, Mount Airy, Maryland
- Frank Eastham, COO, Bridgeway Community Church, Columbia, Maryland
- Milt Eichler, Executive Pastor, Magnolia’s First Baptist Church, Magnolia, Texas
- Tom Ellis, Owner, E3 Investments, Dallas, Texas
- Rafael Estrella, Pastor of Finance & Administration, The Mosaic Church of Central Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Justin Evans, Lead Pastor, Stone Oak Bible Church, San Antonio, Texas
- Dawn Farmer, Executive Minister, Desert Springs Bible Church, Phoenix, Arizona
- Joe Farmer, Steward Director, Thunder Mountain Church, Sierra Vista, Arizona
- Robb Faulk, Partner and Church & Denomination Services Director, CapinCrouse, Tarzana, California
- Chris Ferris, Director of Operations, Forward Church, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Eric Ferris, Executive Teaching Pastor, Vineyard Cincinnati Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ben Fetterolf, Pastor for Member Care, Hampton Park Baptist Church, Greenville, South Carolina
- Jason Fitch, Operations Director, Solace Church, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Todd Fleming, Executive Pastor, Alice Drive Baptist Church, Sumter, South Carolina
- David Fletcher, Founder, XPastor, Austin, Texas
- Tami Fletcher, Director, XPastor, Austin, Texas
- Darryl Footmon, Executive Pastor, Greenforest Community Baptist Church, Decatur, Georgia
- Jody Forehand, Executive Vice President, Visioneering Studios, Irvine, California
- Aleda Foster, Executive Pastor, New Community Church, Mesquite, Texas
- Scott Foster, Executive Pastor, The Grove Church, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- Bob Gage, Senior Vice President, Baptist Church Loan Corporation, Dallas, Texas
- Louis Gallucci, Chief Operating Officer, Enterprise Risk Strategies, Greenwood Village, Colorado
- Matt Gates, Executive Pastor, Victory Family Church, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
- Ryan Gernand, Executive Pastor, Grace Community Church, University City, Texas
- Jeremy Gillespie, Strategic Partner Manager & Sales Operations, Gloo, Boulder, Colorado
- Matt Gillum, Minister to Students and their Families, Austin Baptist Church, Austin, Texas
- Nicholas Gilmour, Community Impact Pastor, North Coast Calvary Chapel, Carlsbad, California
- Steven Goodspeed, Attorney, Middlebrook & Goodspeed PLLC, Flower Mound, Texas
- Mike Gould, Director of Connections/Leadership Consultant, XPastor, Lynchburg, Virginia
- Ron Graves, Associate Pastor of Worship, First Baptist Church, Martin, Tennessee
- Dave Gunter, Partner, CapinCrouse, Cumming, Georgia
- Jim Hackney, Executive Minister, Heritage Church of Christ, Fort Worth, Texas
- David Ham, Administrative Pastor, Grace Fellowship, Bogart, Georgia
- Jonathan Hankin, Executive Director, Christ Community Church, Coatesvillea, Pennsylvania
- James Harris, Executive Pastor, Calvary Salt Lake, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Parris Hayashi, Senior Associate Pastor, Grace Bible Church Pearlside, Pearl City, Hawaii
- Julie Heath, Finance & Administration Director, Alliance Northwest District of the C&MA, Vancouver, Washington
- Clare Hegg, Director of Product Marketing, Pushpay, Redmond, Washington
- Ricky Hemme, Executive Pastor, Central Christian Church, Lancaster, California
- Kurt Hetherington, Agency Director, American Church Group of Texas/Brotherhood Mutual, Sherwood, Arkansas
- Benson Hines, Director of External Mobilization, Watermark Community Church, Dallas, Texas
- Jim Hobbs, Executive Pastor, Oak Pointe Church, Novi, Michigan
- Brent Honshell, Pastor for Ministry Operations, Hampton Park Baptist Church, Greenville, South Carolina
- Brian Hopper, Campus Pastor, Bay Area Community Church, Annapolis, Maryland
- Sam Houston, Director of Operations, Grace Church, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- David Howell, Executive Pastor, Crossroads Fellowship, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Steve Hron, Vice President of Lending, Cass Commercial Bank, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- David Hsu, Senior Pastor, West Houston Chinese Church, Richmond, Texas
- Jon Hurst, Executive Pastor, The Grove Community Church, Riverside, California
- Kent Irby, Assistant Executive Pastor, Salem Alliance Church, Salem, Oregon
- Michael Johnson, Director of Finance, The Chapel, Akron, Ohio
- Monty Kelso, President, Slingshot Group, Irvine, California
- Barry Kennard, Executive Pastor, Nampa First Church of the Nazarene, Nampa, Idaho
- Terry Lambert, Executive Associate Pastor, Cypress Church, Lakewood, California
- Brad Leeper, President & Principal, Generis, Atlanta, Georgia
- Tim Leonard, Executive Director, Grace Church on the Mount, Stanhope, New Jersey
- Chris Lewis, Senior Relationship Manager, Thrivent Church Financing, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Rusty Lewis, Vice President, Generis, Westzville, Missouri
- Tracy Linkletter, Executive Pastor, Summerside Community Church, Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Greg Love, Senior Manager Retirement Solutions, GuideStone, Dallas, Texas
- Bobby Mackenzie, Executive Pastor, North Coast Calvary Chapel, Carlsbad, California
- Edwin Marrero, Executive Pastor, House of Praise International Church, Lorain, Ohio
- Bill Marti, Director of Operations, Century Baptist Church, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Bill Maxon, Executive Pastor, Creekside Christian Church, Elk Grove, California
- Dan May, Administrative Pastor, First Covenant Church, Willmar, Minnesota
- Dan McConnell, Executive Pastor, C3 Church, Pickerington, Ohio
- Ryan McCreery, Associate Pastor, Fellowship Bible Church, Waco, Texas
- Bobby McGraw, Associate Pastor/Teaching Pastor, Sugar Hill Church, Sugar Hill, Georgia
- Brad McKerley, Executive Pastor, First Baptist Church, Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- Mark McLendon, Executive Pastor, First Baptist Church, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Justin McPeak, Executive Pastor, Thunder Mountain Church, Sierra Vista, Arizona
- David Middlebrook, Attorney, Middlebrook & Goodspeed PLLC, Flower Mound, Texas
- Dave Milam, Vice President of Strategy, Visioneering Studios, Dallas, Texas
- Nate Miller, Pastor, OneLife Church, Seabrook, Texas
- Ross Miller, President, Pursuant/TouchPoint Software, Dallas, Texas
- Jim Mitchell, Executive Pastor, The Chapel, Akron, Ohio
- Kevin Monahan, Next Gen Pastor/Becoming an XP, 12Stone Church, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Kirk Morgan, Family Pastor, Faith Bible Church, The Woodlands, Texas
- Matt Morgan, Executive Pastor, Sanctuary, Marietta, Georgia
- Daniel Mueller, Executive Director, SOLID Pastors, Austin, Texas
- Leslie Myers, Executive Pastor, Oakdale Church, Olney, Maryland
- Dennis Nealy, Executive Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Don Neff, Executive Pastor, Worship Center, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Carey Nieuwhof, Founding/Teaching Pastor, Author, Connexus Church, Barrie, Ontario, Canada
- Jeff Otero, Head of Product, Church Community Builder, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Scot Overbey, Executive Pastor, Crossroads Community Church, Valencia, California
- Darrell Owens, Senior Pastor, Christ the Rock Community Church, Cooper City, Florida
- Abe Park, Family Life Pastor, Newsong Church, Santa Ana, California
- Karissa Parks, Marketing Manager, Batts Morrison Wales and Lee, Orlando, Florida
- Todd Parks, Business Development Manager, Worlds of Wow, Denton, Texas
- Dale Peak, Administrator, Reston Bible Church, Dulles, Virginia
- Michelle Pecson, Executive Administrator, Grace Bible Church Pearlside, Pearl City, Hawaii
- Alan Peterson, Business Manager, The Grove Church, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- Happy Peterson, Pastor – Family Ministry, The Chapel, Green, Ohio
- Troy Pollock, VP of Community, Pushpay, Redmond, Washington
- David Pranga, Executive Pastor, Brewster Baptist Church, Orleans, Massachusetts
- Gregory Ramer, Executive Pastor, Alethelia Church Tampa, Wesley Chapel, Florida
- Tony Reimonenq, Executive Pastor, West Point Baptist Church, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Scott Richardson, Administrative Pastor, First Baptist Church, Tyler, Texas
- Jerry Roberts, Associate Pastor, Hope Church, Fort Worth, Texas
- Sarah Robins, Vice President of Sales and Client Relations, Vanderbloemen Search Group, Houston, Texas
- Rehana Rodriguez, Executive Pastor, Newsong Church, Santa Ana, California
- Eric Rojas, Executive Pastor, Rolling Hills Community Church, Franklin, Tennessee
- Daniel Rolfe, Senior Pastor, Mountain Springs Church, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Steven Rossi, Student Ministries Pastor, Creekside Christian Church, Elk Grove, California
- Gary Rothenberger, Executive Pastor, Calvary Beaumont, Beaumont, Texas
- Ty Salter, Relationship Manager, Thrivent Church Finances, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Tim Samuel, CFO, Bridgeway Community Church, Columbia, Maryland
- Roger Sappington, Executive Pastor, Pantego Bible Church, Arlington, Texas
- Joe Schaefer, Campus Administrator, The Chapel, Green, Ohio
- McKenzie Schreck, Executive Pastor, Capital Church, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Jerry Sellers, Executive Pastor, Open Door Church, Burleson, Texas
- Kim Shepherd, CFO, Creekside Christian Church, Elk Grove, California
- Gary Siefers, Senior Associate Pastor, Bethel Church, Fargo, North Dakota
- Grant Skeldon, Director, Initiative Network, Dallas, Texas
- Hudson Smith, Administrator, Calvary Salt Lake, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Ken Smith, Executive Pastor, Church at the Crossing, Aledo, Texas
- Lorenzo Smith, Lead Pastor, Collective Church, Los Angeles, California
- Nicholas Smith, Executive Pastor, Bethany Baptist Church, Lindenwold, New Jersey
- Shawn Smith, Executive Pastor, Freedom Church, Kennesaw, Georgia
- Samuel Song, Senior Pastor, Solomon’s Porch Hong Kong, La Mirada, California
- Mike Sparks, Executive Minister, CARE Church, Richardson, Texas
- Justin Spicer, President, Empower Consulting, Southlake, Texas
- Tim Springer, Executive Pastor, Bethany Church, Long Beach, California
- Steve Stege, Executive Pastor, Frisco First Baptist Church, Frisco, Texas
- Matt Sturdevant, Executive Pastor, Hope Church, Fort Worth, Texas
- John Sullivan, Executive Minister, Woodmont Hills Church, Nashville, Tennessee
- Dave Sutherland, Executive Pastor, Rock Point Church, Queen Creek, Arizona
- Rodger Teaff, Business Administrator, First Baptist Church, Allen, Texas
- Derik Timmerman, Executive Pastor, First Baptist Church, Matthews, North Carolina
- Rob Toal, VP & Publisher—Ministry Relations, Christianity Today, Wheaton, Illinois
- Dave Travis, Director of Strategic Counsel for Pastors and Church Boards, Generis, Atlanta, Georgia
- Bethany Turner, Director of Administration, Rock Springs Church, Cortez, Colorado
- Jarm Turner, Pastor of Ministry Development, St. Marks Church, Burlington, North Carolina
- Kathleen Turpin, VP—Human Resources, Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Kevin Urichko, Executive Pastor, Northland Church, Oviedo, Florida
- William Vanderbloemen, CEO & Founder, Vanderbloemen Search Group, Houston, Texas
- Jim Vandermeer, Executive Pastor, Woodland Park Community Church, Woodland Park, Colorado
- Josef Varga, Operations Director, Fellowship Bible Church, Waco, Texas
- Ty Waardenburg, Senior Associate Pastor, Trinity Church, Mentor, Ohio
- Nathan Wang, Executive Minister, West Houston Chinese Church, Richmond, Texas
- John Warnock, Executive Pastor, Dogwood Church, Fayetteville, Georgia
- Kerry Warren, Executive Pastor of Operations, Northshore Community Church, Kirkland, Washington
- Micah Warren, Executive Pastor, Faith Baptist Church, New Port Richey, Florida
- Mark Watkins, Executive Pastor, Westover Church, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Larry Williams, Executive Pastor, Horizon Worship Center, Austin, Texas
- Bruce Woody, President and CEO, HH Architects, Richardson, Texas
- Jon Wright, Executive Pastor Strategist, The Collective, Erie, Colorado
- Landon Yeager, SVP/Finance & Administration, Baptist Church Loan Corporation, Dallas, Texas
- Darren Young, Director of Executive Pastor Leader Groups, Leadership Network, Dallas, Texas
- Monica Zuniga, Founder, We Are Unveiled, Dallas, Texas
Tuesday—February 19, 2019
Wednesday—February 20, 2019
|7:30||Full breakfast with Fletch and Troy Pollock … this will get the XP-Seminar kicked off with a focus on doing ministry that is merciful, compassionate, just, generous and honest. Fletch will also give an orientation to the Seminar.|
|8:30-8:40||Orientation by Fletch.|
|8:40-9:20||Shining Light on Church Security | Let it Bang!? by Steven Goodspeed. Steven is a shareholder in Middlebrook & Goodspeed PLLC, The Church Lawyers and has practiced law for eighteen years. He regularly represents clients nationwide in the area of nonprofit and for-profit transactional law, focusing primarily on churches, religious organizations, camps, outdoor recreational organizations, colleges and universities.|
|9:20-9:40||Follow-up discussion with Fletch and Rob Faulk of CapinCrouse on Church Financial Security and Fraud Prevention.|
|9:45-10:20||Shining Light on The ABC’s of Campus Expansion, Adoption and Development—Done with Compassion by Eric Rojas. Eric is the XP of Rolling Hills Community Church in Nashville, Tennessee. He is a coach, developer and overseer of the staff and ministries with 14 years of experience as an XP.|
|10:20-10:40||Follow-up discussion with Fletch and Dave Milam of Visioneering Studios on Expansion, Selecting a Site for Maximum Impact and Renovation Issues.|
|10:45-11:20||Shining Light on Uncommon Financial Sense by Mike Batts. Mike is the managing partner of Batts Morrison Wales and Lee. He has more than 30 years of experience serving nonprofit organizations in a variety of ways. He advises nonprofit organizations on matters related to board governance, financial reporting, tax compliance and strategy, risk management, corporate structure, international activities, and related topics.|
|11:20-11:40||Follow-up discussion with Fletch and Dan Busby, President of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, on Financial Standards for Your Church.|
|12:00||Lunch with A Short Ride on a Hot Topic. As we eat, it is a time to hear a different perspective on church–innovative, creative, Jesus focused. Bruce Woody will be speaking on “Buildings and Church Security.” Be challenged to continue on in life and ministry in this lunch.|
|1:15-2:15||Workshops: Session 1|
|2:15||Afternoon snack on first floor|
|2:30-3:30||Workshops: Session 2|
|3:45-4:45||Workshops: Session 3|
|Take an XP/SP friend to dinner! Schedule it early with someone from your state or similar-sized church. We saw scores of people do this last year.|
Thursday—February 21, 2019
|7:45||Full breakfast with a talk on ministry with David Fletcher and two leaders of Thrivent: Kari Boyce, Business Development Director and Chris Lewis, Senior Relationship Manager.|
|8:30-8:45||Time with Fletch|
|8:45-9:20||Keynote Session by Kathleen Turpin (JD, CPCU, AIM). Shining Light on Sexual Harassment and Misconduct. Kathleen is the vice president of Human Resources with Brotherhood Mutual. She joined Brotherhood Mutual as a litigation specialist in the claims department, became associate corporate counsel and now is VP for HR.|
|9:50-10:40||Keynote by Carey Nieuwhof. Shining Light on Spiritual Leadership. Carey is the founding pastor of Connexus Church, a growing multi-campus church north of Toronto and strategic partner of North Point Community Church.|
|10:40-11:00||Shining Light on Hiring: Behind the Scenes Lessons in Interviewing with William Vanderbloemen.|
|11:00||Break for Lunch—Pick up lunch outside the Ballroom and take it to a workshop|
|11:30-12:30||Lunch Workshops: Session 4|
|12:45-1:45||Workshops: Session 5|
|2:00-3:00||Workshops: Session 6|
|Have a safe trip home|
“I’m truly excited about the excellence of this seminar.”
Pre-Seminar Special with Rich Birch
New Executive Pastor OnRamp!
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Hilton Dallas/Park Cities
$399 per person for the pre-session, session and post-session materials.
Limited to 20 participants.
Are you a new Executive Pastor wondering where you should focus your time? Have you wanted to maximize your efforts and energy in this role, in a desire to help your church soar? Are you looking for an edge on how your role can create the biggest difference in the life of your church?
This afternoon workshop session is designed for new Executive Pastors who are looking for help with best practices in this role. We’ll dive deep into seven systems that every successful executive pastor must see thrive in order for their church to move forward. As well, the session will be packed with practical insights from a wide variety of executive pastors from across the country.
Rich has served on the senior leadership teams of three innovative and fast-growing churches. He brings his signature “uber practical” style to this workshop. Also, he has interviewed over 200 church leaders through his podcast, unSeminary, which gives him a unique vantage point when offering help to new Executive Pastors.
Learn Key Leverage Points to Focus Your Leadership
- Outreach—How can we attract people to your church through the use of social media, marketing, and communications?
- Weekend Services—How do we plan, implement and evaluate your music, preaching, transitions, offertory, etc. so it connects with your community?
- Connection—How can we take people from their first visit to feeling fully at home in your church?
- Service—How do we mobilize people for volunteering and service with the church?
- Giving—How do we develop people to give to the vision of the church without begging?
- Leadership—How do we move people from places of serving into volunteer leadership within the church?
- Planning—How do we evaluate the above systems for constant improvement and growth?
Practical Help with Lots of Q&A
We’ll dive deep into best practices for developing the people and processes that drive your church forward—but also leave lots of time to answer your specific questions. Come ready to grow and be challenged in your current role!
Rich has been involved in church leadership for over 20 years. He led in one of the first multisite churches in North America, The Meeting House in Toronto, which became the leading multisite church in Canada with over 4,500 people in six locations (today they are seventeen locations with somewhere over 6,000 people attending). In addition, he served on the leadership team of Connexus Community Church in Ontario, a North Point Community Church Strategic Partner.
For seven years he served as a part of the four member Lead Team at Liquid Church in the Manhattan-facing communities of New Jersey. In his time with the church, it grew from one campus to six and attendance grew to over 3,500 people.
He has a dual vocational background that uniquely positions him for serving churches to multiply impact. While in the marketplace, Rich founded a dot-com with two partners in the late 90’s that worked to increase value for media firms and internet service providers. He speaks at conferences like Orange, WFX and various regional multisite church events—and is a featured writer on Auxano’s Vision Room, ChurchLeaders.com and MinistryBriefing.
Rich’s first book, Unreasonable Churches: 10 Churches Who Zagged When Others Zigged and Saw More Impact Because of It, is an Amazon bestseller in the Church Leadership category. It’s designed to help church leaders think a new thought and take new risks in impacting their community. His second book is Church Growth Flywheel, where he pulled together his own hard-fought experience leading within one of the fastest growing churches in the country, as well as over 200 interviews with church leaders from prevailing churches.
Pre-Seminar Event with Brad Leeper
Unveiling the Mystery of Your Church’s Donors
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Hilton Dallas/Park Cities
$250 per person.
Limited attendance. Included is the XPastor Online Course “MS202—Generosity.”
Get a rare and unique insight into your giving world. Using a new data analytic platform, we will capture your giving data in advance of the workshop.
Your data will then be available at the workshop where you can explore your giving reality and trends in a way that cannot be unearthed through most church management software platforms. The insights will help you see often-hidden trends and help you proactively navigate giving growth.
Not only will you see the reality of your giving but you will understand what it means and what to do about it.
Why did donors leave you last year? Job transfer? Getting mad? How do you shut the back door and how do we emphasize the front door? Are you attracting new donors? This session will give a different slant on your church’s data. It will tell you many things that are different than what is readily apparent.
Most of us have assumptions about giving and generosity …
Brad Leeper is the President and Principal at Generis, a team of coaches that accelerates generosity toward God-inspired vision. Brad works with churches across the country, and now internationally, to increase everyday church giving, project giving and legacy giving.
Imagine seeing a new perspective on your church’s financial health. See your church in a readable, understandable and helpful format. This is a must for your next steps of your church.
The Generosity Workshop will be held on Thursday, February 20 from 2:00-4:30 pm., right before the XP-Seminar. This is the place to get a handle on your church’s financial health.
This workshop will give you plenty of data to work with, in an eminently understandable format. Generis is just releasing a diagnostic tool and is offering free use of it for the workshop. This includes a 3-page summary report. Plus, you can talk through your report at the workshop and receive more personalized discussion in person or by phone.
Get a numerical analysis of:
- People giving above a strategic amount
- Lapsed donors
- Banding of key donation levels … and much more.
- Must have Church Community Builder (other software platforms to follow).
- Attend the Coaching Workshop before the XP-Seminar.
- Data analysis needs to be begun 14 days before the XP-Seminar.
Get expert advice from national leaders! Enroll today!
You Need to Know
Suppose you see that giving is up ten percent. Is that more donations per attendee or more donors?
Knowing your metrics tells you where you are, where you are going and measures how you are doing getting there.
With a ten percent increase in donations, how many of those were new donors? Are you attracting new donors?
Increase your giving without requiring a capital campaign.
Even with a ten percent increase in donations, how many donors stopped giving? Are they still attending? When do people stop giving and how much later do they typically leave your church?
- Why did donors leave you last year? Job transfer? Did they leave mad?
- How do you shut the back door and how can you emphasize the front door?
- Are you attracting new donors?
This session will give a different slant on your church’s data. It will tell you many things that are different than what is readily apparent.
Are giving increases a result of a growing donor constituent base or are you pressing into a small portion of donors to make budget growth? Learn why one is sustainable while the other is short lived.
Connecting and Growing First Time Donors
First time visitors are great! However, are you able to on-board them as donors? Are you able to assimilate them into the fabric of the ministry? If not, learn why weekend attendance growth can be a false positive for healthy ministry growth.
New faces in church are great, but what is the financial impact of losing the old ones? Minimizing donor churn can supercharge weekend attendance and annual giving growth. Monitoring donor trends is one way to surface ministry opportunities. Rule based push reporting can increase your ministry efficiency and connect with those that need pastoral care.
A Church Coaching Culture
Pre-Seminar Special with Dr. Nathan Baxter
How to Build a Coaching Culture for your Staff and Volunteer Leaders
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Hilton Dallas/Park Cities
$399 per person for the pre-session, session and post-session materials. Limited to 20 participants.
Churches that coach their leaders and volunteers discover that their investment pays off. Research continues to show that people want coaching. Your staff wants to know how to be more effective in their jobs and ministries.
Here’s a fantastic opportunity to be with a gifted and national-level coach. XPastor has partnered with Dr. Nathan Baxter to bring this coaching resource to the 2019 XP-Seminar.
What you will learn
- Key components that must be in your church culture for coaching success.
- How to create a strategic rollout plan for introducing coaching.
- Top five reasons why organizations fail at creating a coaching culture.
- How to create customized coaching templates to fit your ministry culture.
- The latest research that identifies the key components for healthy leadership cultures.
- Practical tips for using assessments to develop your leaders.
- How to use ‘Win-Plan Conversations’
- Importance of calibrating your coaching
- Best practices for holding leaders accountable.
Before the workshop
A reading list will be provided as an option for those that want to take a deeper look into leadership coaching.
About Dr. Baxter
Nathan is a former XP and SP and now is an executive leadership coach. Every month, both corporate and ministry leaders from around the country fly to Tulsa for a two-day private coaching session with him.
In 2008, Dr. Baxter founded Lead Self Lead Others and has coached with over 3,300 people—from CEOs to pastors to physicians. Also, he has recruited and trained eight Leadership Coaches who work with him to meet the demand for his services.
Nathan and his coaches work with leaders to help them create a personal and professional growth strategy. He loves to follow up with each person to help keep them on track.
Coaching with Dr. Baxter
I had reached a point of frustration in not knowing the next step in my personal leadership development and he helped me bridge that frustration gap and send me on my way into the next season of my journey. Each session and contact was like connecting with a friend.
Jim Kuykendall, Executive Pastor
Nathan has all the necessary tools and experience to meet you where you are, to speak your language quickly and, in a disciplined manner, guide you towards your objectives.
Doug Welsh, President, Strategic Sales Planning, Cincinnati, Ohio
Non Profit Organizations
- John Sharp, Regional Director, Young Life, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Dave Jewitt, Founder/Director, Your One Degree, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Adam Donyes, Founder/Director, LinkYear Kanakuk, Branson, Missouri
- Dr. David Fletcher, Founder/Director, XPastor, Fullerton, California
- Chris King, Founder, GPS Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Dr. Scott Barfoot, Director of DMin Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- Eric Hill, Founder/Director, Withyou, Atlanta, Georgia
- Jeff Anderson, Founder, Acceptable Gift, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dr. Baxter cares genuinely about helping people. He does what it takes to help folks understand and use the tools to find their way. As a result I have more focus in my life. The tools he uses and the approach he takes are better than many other similar consultants.
Randy Welsch, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Micah Davidson, Lead Pastor, Real Life Fellowship, Corpus Christi/Austin, Texas
- Toby Slough, Lead Pastor, Crosstimbers Church, Argyle, Texas
- Daniel Rolfe, Lead Pastor, Mountain Springs Church, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Dwight Yoder, Executive Pastor, Asbury Methodist Church, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Eric Bryan, Senior Pastor, Fellowship Bible Church, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Fred Neal, Executive Pastor, Harvest Community Church, Kittanning, Pennsylvania
- Marc Evanger, Elder, Crossroads Bible Church, Bellevue, Washington
- Keith Duff, Elder, Village Bible Church, Chicago, Illinois
- Matt Roberson, Campus Pastor, The Met, Houston, Texas
- Rob Curry, Executive Pastor, Cypress Bible Church, Cypress, Texas
- Terry Langenberg, Executive Pastor, New Beginnings Church, Bixby, Oklahoma
- Thomas Thompson, Lead Pastor, Pulpit Rock Church, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Tom Messer, Senior Pastor, Trinity Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida
Nathan knows what he is doing and does it well. He has good insight and recommends realistic behaviors to improve performance.
John Urbin, Business Unit Manager, Linde Process Plants, Inc.
- Bob Skaggs, Northwestern Mutual Insurance Agency, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Dustin Parker, President, Box Insurance Agency, Grapevine, Texas
- Aaron Shelby, Executive Vice President, Legacy Texas Bank, Plano, Texas
- Paul Fredette, President, Legacy Texas Insurance Services, Plano, Texas
- Brandt Hamby, Managing Partner, Six Pillars Partners, Addison, Texas
- Chris Cadeiux, Board Member, QuikTrip, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Chuck McDaniel, President, Lockton Insurance, Denver, Colorado
- Dwight Mankin, President, NCN, Dallas, Texas
- Mike Greer, Owner/Director, Ironman Buffalo Springs Lake, Lubbock, Texas
- Mike Loomis, Owner, Loomis Consulting, Winter Park, Colorado
- Ron Decker, Founder/President, Innovative Health Care Systems, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Ronnie Dunn, Client Partner, MicroStrategy, Dallas, Texas
- Sean Kouplen, President, Regent Bank, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Hank Coleman, President, TriggerPoint, Austin, Texas
- Dan Peckenpaugh, MD, President, HEB Emergicare, P.A., Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Rob Kenagy, MD, Senior Vice President, St. John Health Network, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Tom Ellis, Vice President/Partner, MHBT (Commercial Insurance), Dallas, Texas
- 32 National Sales Directors, 25 Top Sales Directors, Mary Kay Cosmetics
Dr. Baxter’s coaching has allowed me to take my strengths, understand them and ultimately begin to incorporate them into my ever changing role as CEO. Working with Dr. Baxter is worth the investment because we have seen results in effectiveness in communication, efficiency in decision making.
Ron Decker, CEO, Innovative Healthcare Systems, Inc., Edmond, Oklahoma