XPastor tries to help churches out by providing some of the essentials for running a church—items like job descriptions, employment applications, review forms, employee handbooks and policies. Below are the Conditions for Service at Bible Fellowship Church.
This church shall continually and steadfastly uphold and maintain the following statement of service of the church to witness to our world:
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. (2 Tim. 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:20,21; Isa.8:20).
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (John 1:1-3; 1 Cor. 8:6; Matt. 3:16; John 7:3).
- We believe that:
- Jesus Christ is true God and true Man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary;
- He died on the cross, shedding His blood as an atonement for our sins according to the Scriptures; and,
- He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our Priest and Advocate. (Phil. 2:5-11; Matt. 1:18; 1 Peter 3:18; Heb. 9:24).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be attained. (Titus 3:5; John 3:1-16; Gen. 1:26; Rom. 5:12).
- We believe that the death of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation of all who believe, and that only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become Children of God. (Rom. 5:1; Acts 4:12; 1 Cor. 15:1-4).
- We believe in the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this Blessed Hope has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer. (1 Thes. 4:13-18; Rev. 3:10; Titus 2:12,13).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the Believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with his Lord, and of the Unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment. (1 Cor. 15:22-27; Rev. 20:11- 15).
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who, through faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the head. (1 Cor. 12:12,13; Eph. 5:21-33; Col. 1:18).
- We believe that the works of God are perfect, the sealing of the Holy Spirit is everlasting, and that the intercession and advocacy of God the Son is effective so that every believer redeemed by the Blood of Christ shall be presented faultless before the presence of God in eternity. (John 5:24,10:27; Jude 24; Rom. 8:1,38,39; Eph. 4:30).
- We believe that the following behavioral acts are expressly forbidden in Scripture including but not limited to: premarital/extramarital sex, homosexuality, drunkenness, theft, profanity, occult practices, use of illegal drugs and dishonesty. These are not to be practiced by employees and workers of this Church.
This aforesaid statement of service in our Church is the basic spiritual foundation for this Church, and these are the terms that you agree to uphold and practice during your term of service to this Church.
Board of Elders, March 1, 2001
View original PDF: BCF Conditions For Service