Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Hey Fletch … I would like to say that the XPastor website is awesome! My church has changed the treasurer for the church. Is it necessary to make an amendment with the State of Texas? 

DRF—Most states require someone to be the registered agent for the church. Some states require several officers, such as the treasurer, to also be listed with their records. Texas requires a registered agent. Here is a link to that form.

I don’t think that you need to list your directors with the State of Texas. Here is a link to the Texas page about non-profits. However, I would suggest a quick call to the Texas Secretary of State’s office on that. Here is their number: Comptroller’s Exempt Organizations Section, 512-463-4600.

I have never met more helpful and friendly people than in the Texas Secretary of State’s office. Many times after a call, I have posted a rave review or sent an email to the person who helped me. One time the Secretary of State replied to my email. They are truly outstanding, wanting to help!