2019 XP Boot Camp—5 Aspects of the Role
Whether you are a new XP, considering the role, or want to refresh your skills, XP Boot Camp is a place to get in shape. The target for this course are the 5 fundamentals of being an Executive Pastor. This course also includes two uses of the XP-Indicator—one for you and another for your Senior Pastor. Learn in this online video format–all sessions are recorded to watch at your own pace.
This course explores:
- Creating effective relationships and extraordinary rapport with the Senior Pastor and Board
- Navigating where to fly in the zones of vision, strategy and tactics
- Working with pastors and ministry volunteers
- Speaking the language of finance and operations
- Staffing the vision through transitions, hires and terminations
Fletch teaches this course. Dr. David Fletcher brings an objective perspective, broad knowledge and vast experience. He unites biblical principles and best practices. For 35 years, Fletch led churches from 1,000-8,000 members, single and multisite, churches with camps, schools, apartments and cafés.
An accomplished executive pastor, professor of doctoral ministry and leader in the field, his focus is on serving the local church. Fletch teaches at Dallas Seminary and founded the Doctor of Ministry Program at ETS India.
His books are People Patterns, Crisis Leadership, Smart Money for Church Salaries and Predators in the Church (August 2019).
Mike Gould is an accomplished senior leader, worship pastor and speaker who has served in ministry for over 20 years. He has pastored churches ranging in size from 300 to 3,000 and helps churches develop their unique culture. Mike is a strong builder and refiner of teams. He earned his Masters of Arts in Religion at Liberty University in 2003.
There are five aspects to XPastor courses. These enable you to be grounded in the disciplines of a church leader.
- Interaction—Participate in the live classes or watch the recorded versions. We ask that only enrolled students watch the webinars.
- Analysis—Pertinent topics and discussion help you analyze ministry. This brings direct benefit to your church.
- Reading—The assigned reading enhances your understanding and increases your breadth of knowledge.
- Location—Learn at the office or at home—make your own schedule. As a self-guided course, study at your own pace.
- Assignments—Each course has practical work that impacts your church. If you audit the course, assignments are not required.