Westover Church is currently seeking a pastor for high school students. The High School Ministry involves pastoral leadership of a staff team, high school youth and a dedicated volunteer base. Responsibilities of this scope involve several significant areas:
- Cast Vision: Set vision, direction, and oversight for HS ministry (Fuse—Wed. pm, small groups, trips and events). Align vision with Westover’s mission, including serving on Sunday mornings, connecting in community (small groups), and growing in the Gospel (Fuse student service).
- Team Development: Equip, support, and encourage the adult and student volunteer leadership teams. Release students into ownership of their ministry and help them discover their role in God’s Story. Partner with HS Ministry staff team to recruit volunteers.
- Teaching: Teach and shepherd high school students as they learn what it means to own their faith in Christ. Help students hear the voice of God through reading his Word (John 18:37).
- Events/Retreats: Oversee the development of events such as Project Serve, Fall Retreat, Spring Break, etc. Build a leadership team of adults to ensure these events are supervised and directed.
- Communication and Collaboration: Collaborate with other Westover ministries so students can connect within the body. Provide timely communication to Pastors, Elders, Deacons, students and parents regarding High School Ministry.
- Budget: Responsibly and accurately handle all aspects of the High School Ministries budget.
The Pastor-High School position is full time and open to those with the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree (MDiv or similar) and at least 18 months leadership experience in youth ministry (middle/high school) OR a Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years leadership experience in youth ministry (middle/high school) or related field.
- Supervisory skills such as coaching, mentoring, nurturing, holding accountable to ministry goals, and helping to create a reporting structure that works for the individual.
- Strong organizational/communication/interpersonal/training skills.
- Seminary or advanced degree in complimentary field preferred but not required.
If interested in applying for this position, please complete Westover’s employment application online. The online application allows applicants to upload a resume.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should go to www.westoverchurch.com and click on “About Us”–> Employment to fill out a job application. Resumes will ONLY be considered as a supplemental document and will not be considered without the application. If available, please also forward preaching/teaching samples. Application link: Westover Church Job Application.
Amy Joyner – Director of Human Resources
336-299-7374, ext. 2804