Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo, Mississippi, is a vibrant and influential Southern Baptist Church of 2,500+ members with a rich history of life transforming ministry. Today, with a mission-minded outward-focus, broad-based ministries, passionate staff and a vision for the future, Harrisburg Baptist Church is committed to establishing the organizational structure and staff leadership required to propel the church into a new era of impact, health and growth.
To achieve this end, the leadership of Harrisburg Baptist Church have determined the need for a more effective, efficient and synergistic stewardship of the church’s mission, vision, ministries, staff, financial and physical resources and desire to empower an Executive Pastor with this responsibility. The search, then, is for a person who has a passion for the church of Jesus Christ and its mission of disciple making, while possessing the heart and skills to effectively lead and manage staff, ministries, teams, processes and systems.
The Executive Pastor will be responsible to the church, under the direction of the Senior Pastor, for fulfilling the mission and vision of the church through the day-to-day management and oversight of church operations, staff supervision and ministry and committee alignment, communication, and coordination. He serves and is accountable to the Senior Pastor as his primary friend, co-laborer, advisor, and confidant.
The Executive Pastor must be a man who humbly leads the church to make disciples of all nations by example, which includes a personal, radical commitment to sharing the Word with the lost, showing the Word through Christ-like character, teaching the Word to the church, praying for God’s Spirit, and serving the world with particular emphasis on the billions who are unreached with the Gospel.
Further, to perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- Demonstrate the 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 qualifications of a deacon/elder/overseer.
- Possess the diverse skill set to perform each primary job responsibility satisfactorily.
- Closely identify with the mission, values, vision, theology, and philosophies of Harrisburg Baptist Church.
- Be a mature Christian who is growing in their personal walk with the Lord.
- Have an understanding and passion for the church and its varied expressions of ministry.
- Possess the proven ability to think strategically around various ministry models.
- Exhibit strong managerial and leadership skills and exceptional relational ability.
- Demonstrate solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the proven ability to identify, equip, mobilize and lead volunteers.
- Have the proven ability to manage people, budgets, short and long range planning and plan implementation in church environments.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a master’s degree. Seminary education is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in executive leadership/management is preferred.
Learn more about Harrisburg Baptist Church
Jim Baker: [email protected]