The River Church Community, located in San Jose, California, is seeking an Executive Pastor who will oversee the ministry execution of our staff and lay leaders. In addition to this overall mandate, this role is expected to inject thoughtful design and entrepreneurial leadership, especially into the area of adult spiritual formation.
The Executive Pastor will directly supervise a small staff team (6 FTEs spread over 11 individuals) and also be expected to recruit, supervise, and pastor key lay leaders. The Executive Pastor will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
A candidate must meet the following minimal requirements:
- BA/BS degree
- Theological and pastoral training (MA or MDiv is preferred, but we are open to other ways of demonstrating this)
- Minimum of 7 years in a high level leadership role of a church (we prefer formal pastoral experience, but we are open to other forms of church ministry leadership)
- Agreement with, and active support for, the statement of faith, values, and mission of The River Church Community
- Willing to pursue licensing or ordination in the Evangelical Covenant Church
- Currently living or willing to relocate within a 20 mile radius of the church location. Assistance with relocation costs will be considered.
- Demonstrated relational skill in cross-cultural contexts
- Capacity to navigate and minister in a church culture of Silicon Valley professionals