In conjunction with the Bayside Church—Granite Bay Senior Pastors, the Executive Pastor is responsible for the leadership and direction of campus staff, leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes adult ministries, pastoral care, Circle Up, Growth Track, student and children’s ministry areas as well as strategic planning, finance, administration, human resources, and operations. An effective Executive Pastor will release the Senior Pastors’ time with the senior staff for the purpose of relationship, vision and ministry.
Essential Job Functions
- Use his/her leadership, managerial and administrative gifts in the accomplishment of the campus’ mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, decision making, planning and direction of campus staff.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process, including evaluation of ministry performance, development of key objectives and tactics, and establishment of three-year goals.
- Oversee staff development and evaluations. Meet individually with staff on a regular basis for personal and program development, creating and maintaining a healthy staff culture. Run the campus weekly staff meeting.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures (KPMs) that provide the Senior Pastors with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the campus.
- Develop with the CFO and Ministry Support annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives, such as established cash reserve levels.
- Create the necessary infrastructure to enable all ministry and support areas, sustaining long-term health and growth.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the campus through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
- Oversee the implementation of the Motion Capital Campaign Campus physical goals and objectives.
- Maintain availability for Thrive Ministries and the other Bayside campuses.
- Report directly to the Granite Bay Senior Pastors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of five to ten years of successful experience as a senior leader or second chair leader in a corporate business, church environment or non-profit ministry. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Management is preferred but not required. Master’s work in Biblical studies is a plus. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership and above reproach character (1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9); s/he must have a healthy balance between personal life and ministry; s/he must display a close kinship in philosophy to Bayside.
Email resume to Michelle Colpitts at [email protected].