Harvest Bible Chapel Rockford celebrated its 15-year anniversary in 2018. Our church is conservative in theology and aggressive in reaching people for Christ. Sunday morning services include 40-45 minutes of preaching, worship led by a band, and occasional videos that enhance the aims of the Sunday morning service. Our passion is to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to spread that passion to our city and to the nations. Church planting is in our DNA. We have sent a church planter from our church body to the Czech Republic in 2012, and a second one to India in 2013. A third church plant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin occurred in September of 2018. Our current attendance is approximately 850-900. In August of 2015, we finished an expansion to our facility which doubled the physical space to 32,000 square feet. We added a children/student space, a gym, and office space. A good portion of the church is comprised of young families contributing about 200 children, ages birth through fifth grade. Other growing ministries are the Student Ministry of 90+ students, and the 20-Somethings, consisting of 40+ young adults.
About the Executive Pastor Role
Analyze church newcomer report to see if and how newcomers are assimilating into the church body. Plan, direct, and oversee adult equipping classes, developing a vision for a training center for church planting classes, an internship program, and becoming a seminary satellite location. Assist the Senior Pastor in developing the pastoral staff and the establishment of ministry and operational objectives. Attend Elder meetings to give updates. Officiate special services and preach during Sunday services as requested. Oversee Human Resources, church finances, facility and security operations, and ensure liability protection for the church. Assist the Elders and Senior Pastor with church building programs and capital fund-raising campaigns.
Skills and Qualifications
- A growing relationship with Christ and agreement with the Mission and Vision, Doctrine and Distinctives of Harvest Rockford.
- Strong Biblical foundation for wise management in a church setting.
- Master’s of Divinity Degree preferred, with a business-related degree, ideally at the Master’s level.
- Demonstrated effective experience on a senior leadership team, utilizing leadership, wise judgment and evidence of a character above reproach.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to energize, build, lead, and motivate teams toward effective and results-oriented performance, with the shepherd’s temperament.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize discernment and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively under the pressure of time constraints.
- Demonstrated team player and commitment to other members of the team.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient technology skills, such as email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Willingness to complete the criminal background check process.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate to experience and other qualifications
- Health w/HSA, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) or Roth IRA Retirement Plan with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Please contact [email protected] to submit a resume.