Connection Point Church near Kansas City, Missouri is currently in the search process for our Executive Pastor of Ministries. The Executive Pastor will work with the Lead Pastor in overseeing all of the ministry areas of our church. We believe that this high level position will play a major key role in our church’s future growth and in fulfilling our vision of being a disciple-making church that plants multisite campuses all over the Kansas City metropolitan area. Additional information about the church and the Executive Pastor of Ministries position is included in the Job Description.
Overview and Job Description
About Connection Point Church
Connection Point Church was formerly known as First Baptist Church of Raytown. We went through a rebranding process in 2017 when we launched our first campus. Today, our congregation is one of the largest churches in the Midwest. In 2013 and 2015, we were featured in Outreach Magazine’s list of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Churches in America. We have an average weekly worship attendance of over 2,000 (compared to 1,500 in 2012) and a Bible Study (on-campus small group) attendance average of 1,400.
Connection Point currently has three Sunday worship services at the Raytown (Broadcast) Campus:
- 9:30 am Blended Worship with a 125 voice choir and 40 piece orchestra.
- 11:00 am Worship Band. More progressive band/guitar driven service.
- 5:00 pm CoffeeHouse Service. We hold this casual worship service in our Atrium around tables and chairs. We serve complimentary coffee, tea, pastries, cookies, etc. Our Pastor preaches the same message as Sunday morning.
Connection Point is known in the community for several things. In the past, we hosted the Heart of America Christmas Pageant that utilized a 500-member cast and crew and drew an attendance of nearly 20,000 people who experienced the complete story of the life of Christ.
We also began a ministry to the community known as Hope Network. Every year, we invest hundreds of thousands of dollars back into our community in goods and services that include food, clothing, job training, addiction recovery, and other services and support. We recently opened our own medical clinic with a complete medical staff that supports those who aren’t able to afford healthcare services. The Mission of Hope clinic also provides dental needs and pregnancy care.
Connection Point is also known in the community for our ROC Fitness Center. We have more than 2,000 members of our Fitness Center most of which are not members or affiliated with any church—which presents a prime outreach opportunity. Our fitness center employs multiple personal trainers and offers numerous group fitness training throughout the week. The ministry of the ROC also incorporates our bookstore and a café.
One of the strengths of our church is our commitment to small groups and training every new member to be “a disciple who makes disciples.” Our church has created the LifeCoach Discipleship program, which is now being used by churches all over the world to make disciples through our interactive app for iOS and Android devices, as well as our workbook.
This year, we launched our first satellite campus in the fastest-growing area of Jackson County (Lees Summit, Missouri). We took a core launch team of 150 from Raytown and they are now averaging 300 at that campus over two services.
Our heart’s passion is for us to be a church of disciples making disciples. The following statement defines our mission as Connection Point Church: We point people to a connection with Jesus Christ, one another, and God’s purpose for our lives.
Who are we looking for?
- A passionate walk with the Lord.
- An approach to ministry centered on the Bible.
- Loyalty and a complementary personality and philosophy of ministry to the Lead Pastor.
- Able to view both the big picture of the church and the particulars of its multifaceted ministries.
- A servant who sees his primary role as extending and supporting the work of the Lead Pastor.
- Willing and able to facilitate healthy change and challenge current processes.
- Lifelong learner committed to ongoing professional growth in a wide variety of ministry areas.
- A leader with strong people skills and able to relate well to the full staff and church members.
- Highest integrity and work ethic willing to do whatever it takes regardless of his job description.
- Honest sounding board for the Lead Pastor
- A strategic thinker and long range planner with ability to manage long term projects.
- Willing to network with other Executive Pastors in order to determine best practices for ministries.
- Proven Executive Pastor experience in a large multisite church setting (1,000+ in attendance preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree or seminary degree preferred.
- Ability to anticipate the Lead Pastor’s thinking so as to make confident decisions as he would.
- Effectiveness at leading staff and committee meetings.
- Expertise in church growth, keeping up-to-date with the most successful current methodologies.
- Proven experience in leadership of day-to-day operations of a large organization, paid staff, and lay volunteers.
- Verifiable interpersonal skills, especially in empowering, motivating, delegating, coordinating, and evaluating staff to achieve the purpose and vision of the church.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Experience in process evaluation and approval.
- Familiarity with how to use technology in ministry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Overseer: LEAD
- Lead in the day-to-day activities of the staff and church, thereby allowing the Lead Pastor to devote himself to study of Scripture, prayer, preaching, and developing vision for the church.
- Pray and collaborate with the Senior Pastor to identify and articulate the church’s purpose, vision, and goals. Keep the ministries of the church moving in the right direction.
- Keep all ministries focused upon the core values of the church.
- Oversee all ministries and ministry staff of the church.
2. Administrator: MANAGE
- Facilitate an annual strategic planning process, including evaluation of ministry performance. Keep the ministry teams running at full capacity.
- Direct staff and lay leaders to develop, implement, and evaluate the church’s strategy for achieving its purpose, vision, and goals.
- Monitor ministries on behalf of the Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations to implement the policies of the church.
- Supervise the planning and execution of the ministry portion of the annual budget.
- Coordinate the assignment of ministry-related space.
3. Recruiter: CONNECT
- Be the champion of our church’s most important ministry: our small groups/discipleship.
- Assist the Small Group Director in recruiting, training, and developing our small group leaders.
- Work with the ministry staff in devising a system for the recruitment and development of volunteers.
4. Mentor: DEVELOP
- Establish and maintain key performance measures to provide the Lead Pastor and church staff with a continuing assessment of the effectiveness of all ministry areas.
- Guide and coach ministry staff members with progress reports towards agreed-upon goals.
- Coach ministry team members.
- Grow (spiritual and personal) ministry team members.
5. Minister: SHEPHERD
- Take things off the Lead Pastor’s plate as needed.
- Interact with congregation as a spiritual leader.
- Serve as the Lead Pastor’s liaison to church committees as needed.
- Promote unity and harmony between the Lead Pastor, staff, lay leaders and members.
- Participate in the ongoing worship services, small groups, and outreach ministries of the church.
- Represent the Lead Pastor and perform other services as necessary.
For more information or to submit a resume for consideration, please feel free to contact Julie Herron (Executive Assistant to our Lead Pastor, Dr. Brandon Park) at 816-778-1118 or by email at [email protected]