Family Community Church (FCC) which is a Christian, non-denominational church with a firm commitment to the Word of God and loving people. FCC is a thriving church of 1,200 multi-ethnic members, on a 20-acre parcel of land in North Fresno, California. FCC operates out of their 32,000 sq. ft. facility and has been a beacon of light in the Fresno/Clovis and surrounding areas for over 24 years.
FCC is praying and seeking a dynamic leader to join our Vision and become our Executive Pastor of Business Operations. Our expectations are for this individual to have a passion for Christ and His church, be responsible for the daily business operations, encouraging/shepherding Whole-life Stewardship to its membership, and develop a Strategic Business Plan for our Vision, Mission and church campus.
The Executive Pastor of Business Operations is hired by the church and accountable to the senior pastor or his designee. The Executive Pastor of Business Operations is responsible for performing and overseeing:
- All the daily business operations (Accounting, Human Resources and Facilities/Properties).
- Financial Stewardship Planning and Management (developing and encouraging church-wide Stewardship Disciples).
- Long term strategic planning and development of church’s vision and 20-acre campus.
Ministry Area: Business, Financial Stewardship Planning & Management, Accounting, Human Resources, Facilities, and Real & Personal Property
Position: Pastor of Business Operations
Accountable: Senior Pastor or designee
Ministry Target: Business, finance, staff & facilities and all stakeholders
Position is: Minimum of 40 office duty hours a week, paid full-time ministerial exception
Position May Be Filled By: A born-again, baptized by immersion, practicing Christian in good standing
Minimum Maturity Level: Solid, very mature, honest and loyal Christian
Spiritual Gifts: Administration, Leadership and Discernment
Talents or Skills Desired: Business and financial analysis, strategic planning, problem solving, decision making, relational, conflict resolution, communication, technology, and facility & property management.
Best Personality Traits: Dependable leader, discreet, judicious, emotional intelligence, time management, friendly, compassionate, focused and team player.
Passion For: Organizational management, financial stewardship and strategic planning & development.
Education and Experience: Business or other related degree. BA or MBA, with a minimum of 3-5 years of executive experience.
- Applicant must be a baptized Christian and a member in good standing with FCC. Applicant must be a leader, have good administrative management and organizational skills, as well as good communication skills. Applicant must value neatness and punctuality.
- Applicant must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and QuickBooks Accounting Software. Also, must show a willingness to grow in this requirement.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess the Following Attributes:
- The Executive Pastor of Business Operations must possess the qualities as mentioned in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9 of the Holy Bible.
- He must be blameless, vigilant, just, hospitable, patient, sober and of good behavior.
- He must be self-controlled, must love to do what is good, must be disciplined and upright.
- He must not be self-willed, must not be a drunkard, must not be greedy for money, must not be a brawler and must not be covetous.
- He must be able to handle his own family well.
- He must not be a novice and should have the spiritual maturity to handle the responsibility, or else he may be filled with pride and fall into the condemnation of the devil.
- He must be a person who holds firmly to the truth taught to him so that he can encourage people with the truth, as well as refute those who oppose it.
He is to assist the senior pastor in developing, implementing the vision and mission of the church. Under the direction of the senior pastor, he is to develop, coordinate and organize the Stewardship and Business Operations of the entire church, in line with the established goals. For example, if the vision is to make stewardship disciples, then he should develop a stewardship plan for implementation. He is to work towards maximizing the effectiveness of that program.
Overseeing Daily Activities
The Executive Pastor of Ministries leads all daily Business, Stewardship, and Strategic Planning Operations.
Under the senior pastor’s guidance, and in consultation with appropriate committees and staff, the Executive Pastor of Business Operations has to prepare the church operational budget and manage it. He must direct the hiring of administrative staff and volunteers. He is also responsible for formalities involving dismissal or repositioning of staff and volunteers within his ministry section. Ministry standards, style, policies and procedures must be formulated by him, along with the senior pastor and committee or ministry team. These developed policies must be in strict accordance with the vision of FCC.
Disciplining and Nurturing
His duty also includes coaching individuals and making Stewardship Disciples. He must help and support the leaders and should handle personal conflicts and ministry challenges.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation & benefits, labor relations & negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of administrative processes.
- Knowledge of security standards and activities to safeguard church assets, staff, members or others on church property.
Summary of Responsibilities/Duties
- Establish/maintain and operate an efficient plan of financial record keeping and reporting; develop/maintain bookkeeping policies, procedures, and standards for typical and special operations. Develop and maintain Business, HR and Facility Maintenance Calendars.
- Maintain and process all accounts payable and receivables.
- Prepare financial information and reports for the executive team, trustees, treasurer, the church, financial institutions, and others.
- Ability to develop and monitor church, ministries, and special events’ annual budgets.
- Maintain records on all church staff personnel and volunteers.
- Process staff payroll and file all city, county, state and federal reports and filing.
- Approve and process requisitions and purchase orders.
- Establish and maintain records of equipment and facilities.
- Work with the executive team and trustees in preparing an annual budget and maintenance & equipment needs.
- Develop and implement a long-range plan for updating equipment, furnishings, and software.
- Lead the staff in acquiring training in ministry technology and technical skills.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and repair of all physical and real properties. Establish and implement all cleaning, painting, and renovating schedules. Operate within the approved budget.
- Supervise the cost of operation of food services and café.
- Work with paid staff and church members to achieve the goals of the church.
- Serve as a resource and designated person regarding business, legal and public relations matters.
- Study the church’s insurance policies annually, review them with the insurance company and recommend a change, if needed.
- Administer church-adopted standards, style, policies, and procedures, concerning the use of all church property, facilities and security team.
- Oversee and assist the church trustees, or its designees in working with architect, contractors, and others in building, remodeling, and equipping the church buildings or properties.
- Serve on the church executive team.
- Assist the senior pastor in strategic planning and carrying out values, vision, and mission of the church.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Faith & Message and Official Statement
Salary commensurate to experience and other qualifications.
Base Salary: $68,000 – $75,000
Include the following and submit to: [email protected]
- Cover letter
- Please describe your faith background and journey
- If licensed or ordained, provide date, issuing authority, and status
- Resumé to include personal and professional references