Christ Fellowship is a non-denominational multi-cultural church searching for an Executive Pastor to lead a staff and church to reach more people for Christ in the thriving community of McKinney, Texas and, more widely, north Texas.
Christ Fellowship was founded in 1997 and has had an average attendance of 2,000. The church is Elder governed, staff led, and volunteer run. It’s home to people of all ages, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, and in various stages on their path to Christlikeness. Our mission is to be People helping people find and follow Christ.
Christ Fellowship recently opened the final phase of a new $14 million building renovation project. The renovation includes adding a 440-seat worship space for our Spanish-speaking congregation and student ministries, and 60,000 square feet of contiguous space for children and multipurpose meeting areas. In August 2018, we will open our first multisite campus in Anna, Texas.
Christ Fellowship is a pillar in the McKinney area known for having a missional mindset, collaborative community impact, contemporary services, and a host to multiple community events.
McKinney, Texas is located just thirty minutes north of downtown Dallas and is a picturesque city with a small-town feel. The city’s friendly charm, green spaces and comfortable pace belie the fact that McKinney, with a population of 180,000, is one of the fastest-growing cities in America.
The nation continues to recognize McKinney as a standout community. Money Magazine ranked McKinney the #1 Best Place to Live in America in 2014. Factors considered included employment, schools, crime and safety, as well as overall quality of life aspects including a feeling of community pride.
Christ Fellowship is passionate about the mission that Christ has called us to. The building renovation project will open the doors and allow the church to reach more people for Christ by providing enough space to double our average worship attendance and provide more outreach opportunities in our community.
The ideal candidate for the Executive Pastor position at Christ Fellowship is mature in their faith, has a passion for serving Christ, respected among those they lead, and experienced in strategic planning, managing, and leading others. This person will typically have experience in both ministry and business settings—and has a track record of growing a church or organization.
The Executive Pastor (XP) is responsible to direct and manage all Christ Fellowship ministries and operations so they are unified and effective in achieving our mission and vision in harmony with our identity while providing leadership development that supports healthy, long-term sustainability and growth of the church. This position directly leads the Senior Team (leadership team) and all staff report to the XP, except the Senior Pastor.
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. As such, the employee is expected to manage his/her workload and time with their supervisor. A typical workweek for this position is 45-55 hours, with expectation that most of the work will occur in the office during normal business hours and on Sundays.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor; directly manages the Senior Team and Human Resources; and has oversight responsibility for the hiring, development, and corrective action for all Christ Fellowship staff with the exception of the Senior Pastor. The XP will follow the Elders’ lead in carrying out the church’s vision and objectives. The XP serves as the organizational leader implementing the strategic direction of the church, while optimizing the church’s human and financial resources.
Lead Christ Fellowship to grow from 2,000 to 4,000 in weekly attendance as a multi-generational and multi-cultural body of Christ-followers who actively disciple people for Jesus on multiple campuses in north Texas.
- Lead the staff to accomplish the church’s mission and vision through providing overall strategic direction carried out with effective execution in order to multiply disciples.
- Facilitate the annual and ongoing strategic planning process to include reviewing mission, vision, and core values; developing strategy, objectives, goals and tactics, guiding effective execution of the strategy and evaluating ministry performance, holding the team accountable to the goals and standards we have agreed upon to help more people find and follow Christ.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the staff responsible for finance, human resources, and facilities management.
- Guard the unity and health of the staff, and encourage loving, joyful relationships among the elders, staff, church leaders and members. This includes communicating effectively and resolving conflict well.
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives. Monitor the church’s financial health through the year, and lead adjustments when necessary to ensure financial responsibility.
- Lead and implement special projects and initiatives, planning, setting goals and executing them.
- Provide pastoral care and duties in and outside the worship services.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Candidates for this role will have a background in business administration, a heart for ministry, and senior level leadership experience working in a church. Someone who has worked in both the secular and church world will thrive in this position.
- Highly skilled senior level manager of at least 50+ employees, having managed operational budgets of 5M level or more, minimum ten years of experience with a proven track record of growing an organization or church, effective leadership, excellent manager of people and developer of leaders.
- At least five years church leadership experience.
- Able to lead, manage and direct all internal efforts in a manner that will accomplish the Church mission, vision and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to offer wisdom and servant leader’s ability to work well with different personalities, work collaboratively, and selflessly, acknowledging own strengths and weaknesses, and those of others, toward the common good of the church.
- Not afraid to make the hard decisions and say no.
- Understands and owns the Christ Fellowship identity, culture and theology.
- Can play the second-chair well, having high-trust with the Senior Pastor.
- Spiritually mature with a heart for ministry, a mission mindset, and a love for God.
- Ability to lead through change and grow an organization.
- Biblical/theological training.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in management, finance, business or a related field.
- Experience serving in a multicultural environment.
- Served as an elder or a pastor at a similar church.
- Served as an Executive Pastor at a similar church.
- Church multisite experience.
If interested, contact Tamra Kearl, [email protected]