Embassy City Church is a spirit-filled, nondenominational church answering God’s call to see the city of Irving, Texas and surrounding areas reached with the message of Jesus Christ. Our vision is to see people saved, discipled, and serving. Embassy City Church is a sister church of Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas and has a weekly attendance of 1,350.
About the Executive Pastor Position
The Executive Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor and will be responsible for overseeing operations, leading, and directing the church staff.
The Executive Pastor will set goals for the staff which aim to accomplish the church’s mission and vision. This person will support and manage staff, implement processes to optimize church operations, work to expand and unify the church, and manage resources effectively. The Executive Pastor will oversee church services and ensure members of different ages and from diverse backgrounds are served effectively.
The role will:
- Ensure that the staff feels pastored, safe, and loved.
- Understand, execute, and nurture the growth of the vision for Embassy City Church.
- Oversee church operations while practicing discernment, decision-making, and planning in all tasks.
- Lead, direct, and maintain regular meetings with church staff.
- Collaborate with the pastor and deacons regarding ministry administration and implementation of the mission and vision of the church.
- Oversee human resources operations, and in collaboration with the pastor and personnel committee, hire, reposition, transition, and dismiss staff.
- Provide leadership over performance management and talent development.
- Assist the pastor in creating and administering an annual budget.
- Assist the pastor in overseeing financial, budget, and fundraising operations.
- Assist church staff with managing ministry budgets.
- Manage social media accounts and other forms of communications.
- Review, create, and implement policies and procedures to ensure effective church operations.
- Assist in the oversight of the daycare and preschool administration.
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 15 to 20 years of experience at a church of 5,000 to 10,000 members.
- Past experience as an Executive Pastor.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A seminary degree is a great bonus.
- Multisite experience is a great bonus.
- A calling to be an Executive Pastor and desire to lead from the “second chair” is essential.
- Feels deeply called to be an Executive Pastor.
- Has a growing, strong faith in Jesus Christ.
- Loves to lead leaders, and has a pastoral heart to help the Senior Pastor and mentor the other pastors.
- Has a passion for building teams in ministries.
- Has an excellent work ethic and who is reliable and trustworthy.
- Seeks to be proactive before they are reactive.
- Is a team builder.
- Has a strong vision and can take initiative.
Our City | God’s Church
The city of Irving has a very special place in Senior Pastor Tim Ross’ heart. Tim was born and raised in Southern California and after giving his life to Jesus on January 14, 1996, he felt the Holy Spirit leading him to move to Dallas-Fort Worth in June 1997.
After a few months living with relatives in Dallas, Tim moved to Irving, Texas when he started working for Carmax. Tim was living in Irving when he met his future wife Juliette and proposed to her on the Smiths Landing Bridge above the Mandalay Canal in Las Colinas. Tim’s two sons, Nathan and Noah, were born at the Las Colinas Medical Center.
After serving 17 years in ministry and traveling both nationally and internationally, in January 2013 while preaching in Sydney, Australia, Tim heard the name Embassy for the first time. He shared it with his pastor Robert Morris in September 2013 by saying, “I feel like the Holy Spirit is leading me to plant a church in Irving called Embassy and I’ll know if God spoke to me if He says the same thing to you and the elders of Gateway Church.”
For the next 19 months there was much prayer, fasting, and waiting as God clarified and confirmed His word to Tim and the elders of Gateway Church. In April 2015, the elders confirmed God’s word to Tim unanimously and blessed the start of Embassy City Church.
Our first service started on September 13, 2015 at Jack E. Singley Academy. Irving is the city we love and Embassy City Church is the way we express our love.
What it’s like to live in Irving, Texas:
Irving, Texas, is centrally situated between Dallas and Fort Worth, and it is home to more than 240,000 residents. The city’s rich diversity is exhibited by its population and the number of languages spoken by residents. In fact, Irving lays claim to the most diverse zip code in the United States – 75038.
Irving’s state-of-the-art transportation options include two large airports, light and heavy rail, and a number of major highways, providing easy access to North Texas and beyond.
While Irving is in the center of a large metropolitan area, its beautiful green spaces — including exceptional golf courses and more than 80 parks on 1,873 park acres — beg outdoor activity. Irving’s Campion Trail offers 13 miles of walkable, bikeable trail. Irving is the first city to share a major connection along the Trinity Trail System, a regional network that will ultimately span 250 miles and connect 16 counties across North Texas. The City of Irving is also home to six full-time recreation centers that offer a variety of indoor sports and children’s programs, four aquatic centers, a dog park, and a petting farm. Multiple outdoor sporting venues are offered as well.
Of Irving’s 67.9 square miles of land area, more than 23 square miles are dedicated to master-planned developments and districts. These well-designed developments include the Heritage Crossing District, Las Colinas, Valley Ranch, and multiple retail centers. Irving has more than 100 shopping centers and more than 500 restaurants offering a variety of cuisines. Irving also boasts three fully-accredited institutions of higher learning: DeVry Institute of Technology, North Lake College, and the University of Dallas.
Think you’re a great fit for this role? Please visit https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/embassy-city-church-executive-pastor.