The Paradox Church (TPC), located in the heart of Downtown Fort Worth, Texas is a thriving church that was started just eight years ago. TPC started with eight people in a living room and is now nearly 700 adults strong, has three Sunday morning worship gatherings and 44 small groups. TPC is a young church with over one hundred college students and dozens of young families. They are also radically committed to church planting—both locally and internationally—as a member of the Acts 29 Network. TPC planted a church in 2017 and is sending out another on the East Side this fall.
The Paradox Church is looking for an Executive Pastor to serve as a leader to a talented staff team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a team in a growing and fruitful ministry and in a fast growing community.
Fort Worth is a part of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex in North Texas but has a strong and independent identity with a population of over 874,000 people. It has a blend of small-town charm with big city diversity including a thriving cultural district, historic architecture, several renowned museums, and an easily walkable downtown. Fort Worth, also nicknamed “Cowtown” for its longstanding history in the cattle ranch industry, is home to several universities such as Texas Christian University (TCU), Texas Wesleyan, and University of North Texas, bringing a youthful vibrancy to the community through a large presence of college students. Politically, the city is right down the middle of the conservative/liberal spectrum. While almost half of the population identify as “religious,” many are unchurched or do not have a clear understanding of authentic Christianity.
The Paradox Church is looking for a dynamic leader who is able to manage a staff, provide organizational effectiveness and help carry out the vision of the church to saturate Fort Worth with the glory and grace of Jesus. The next Executive Pastor will ensure the vision of The Paradox Church is fulfilled with utmost excellence and effectiveness by:
- Acting as the “Chief of Staff” who will oversee and lead staff and ministry leaders.
- Providing excellent pastoral care and leadership of staff team members that gets the most out of their abilities.
- Evaluating and simplifying all areas of unnecessary complexity to ensure we are most effectively making disciples and being organizationally efficient.
- Creating and implementing systems and processes for care, connect and discipleship.
- Bringing cohesive unity and focus for the vision of the church, aligning everything we do, and avoiding vision drift and silos.
- Working with the Lead Pastor on setting staff culture, training staff, and ensuring culture and vision is consistently clear and cascading across the entire church.
- Creating and driving the leadership development pipeline for implementation in every team and ministry.
- Passionate and growing relationship with Jesus. Meet the qualifications and characteristics of an elder (1 Tim. 3).
- Be self-aware, understanding your effect on the people around you (staff, team, leaders, etc.), and ready to confront, reconcile, and forgive quickly.
- History of engaging and influencing people of different backgrounds and level of seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to define organizational processes and execute strategic plans.
- Proven record of leading a team.
- Commitment to everyday personal development, continuing to grow in leadership, theology, gospel-centeredness and spiritual disciplines.
- The ideal candidate will have three to five years of related experience in ministry and/or training.
Apply for this position at this link.