Park Church is a thriving community committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ in the heart of Denver, Colorado. Park was planted in 2008 and has since grown to around 1,000 adults, 200 children, and 45 gospel communities. They are passionate about making disciples who are rooted in God’s love and continually learning to follow Jesus in worship, community, and mission. Park is actively engaging with the people of Denver by partnering with great local organizations and by equipping its members to live on mission through their own vocations. The church is also deeply committed to multiplication and has sent out several church planters and missionaries in Denver, across the U.S., and around the world. Park has a united elder team and a dynamic staff team of around 20 full-time and part-time employees.
The Executive Pastor position is designed for an experienced, organizational leader who can build, develop, and lead Park’s staff team to more effectively make disciples and plant healthy churches by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Park Church exists to make disciples of Jesus for the glory of God and the joy of all people.
Denver is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation, and the appeal is easy to understand. It is a beautiful city situated at the foot of the iconic Rocky Mountains. Most Denver residents enjoy the vibrant city life, progressive values, and easy access to some of the best outdoor recreational opportunities in the world. Denver also boasts a rapidly growing economy and a diverse job market that is leading countless young professionals and new businesses to make their home in the city.
With all that Denver has to offer, it is also plagued by prominent cultural idols that perpetually entice people to pursue a version of “the good life” that pushes God to the margins or ignores Him altogether. In short, Denver is beautiful and broken. It is a city in desperate need of the life-transforming and culture-changing power of the gospel.
The Executive Pastor is a pastoral leadership position that exists to support the mission and vision of Park Church by providing organizational leadership for Park Church, its ministries, and staff. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to pursue the church’s vision.
- Identify areas for improvement and create strategic and sustainable solutions.
- Build, lead, and develop the staff team.
- Provide cultural leadership as a mature follower of Jesus and faithful shepherd of the church.
- Character consistent with the elder qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Wholehearted alignment with Park Church’s theology, theological vision, values, and philosophy of ministry.
- Significant experience in strategic organizational leadership.
- Proven ability to build, lead, and develop a staff team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Apply for this position at this link.