The Major Gifts Officer (“MGO”) of SOLIDpastors is to lead and manage all aspects of the ministry’s fundraising, achieving the Vision and Mission of the organization. SOLIDpastors’ vision is a coach for every pastor, and every pastor a coach, helping ministry leaders to finish well.
SOLIDpastors is a global Christian ministry whose mission is to multiply highly competent ministry leaders through coaching, advising and coach certification, achieving powerful individual and organizational transformation and greater operational excellence.
SOLIDpastors is a self-sustaining and donation-based global Christian ministry headquartered in Austin, Texas, with current operations in the USA and Latin America, and vision to expand to every major continent. We broker relationships between qualified coaches and advisors and local church and parachurch ministries, fostering transformation through coaching, advising, and certification services at a value point all ministries can afford.
Major Responsibilities of the Major Gifts Officer of SOLIDpastors
- Honor God: Ensure the culture, actions and results of SOLIDpastors are God honoring and consistent with SOLIDpastors’ vision, mission and values.
- Support the Board: Follow the direction of SOLIDpastors Board of Directors. Board members in alphabetical order are: Jim Barger, Otto Kladensky, Daniel Mueller, Ron Olfers and Joel Trammell.
- Lead all fundraising efforts: This is a very hands-on job – you have no direct reports, but you will have administrative help.
- Nurture existing donors: Grow relationships with a small handful of existing major donors. NOTE: This is a one-year old ministry and as such, needs to be considered a startup. You have a very small portfolio of existing donors; you need to be able to create a portfolio from almost nothing.
- Create new donors: Identify potential major donors and build relationships (gifts of $5,000 or more). Develop and implement overall strategies for engagement, solicitation, cultivation and coordination of all follow up steps with a goal to increase the number of gifts, donors, and revenue at the $5,000+ level.
- Design and host in-home fundraising meetings: Leverage a large network of Austin executives; host an average of one in-home fundraising meeting per week, during an evening or weekend, with four to eight people attending per meeting.
- Help develop strategy for raising money: Assist in establishing strategic direction and priorities for fund raising.
- Recruit volunteers to host fund-raising meetings and events.
- Report progress on fundraising efforts to the Board of Directors.
- Establish networks: Assist Managing Directors in their efforts to establish donor networks in their respective regions.
- Generate and track leads for potential donors: Work with Managing Directors to consistently produce potential donors and track all activity in our database (InfusionSoft). Note: We are open to getting a software that you know and love.
- Assist with workshops: Attend events put on by SOLIDpastors, including workshops.
Values and Work Characteristics for the MGO:
- Serve: Display, in word and deed, a servant’s heart to meet client and provider needs (Mark 10:45).
- Order: Bring order and calm to chaos, using the proven SOLIDpastors’ tools and processes to produce consistent and predictable results. Must support and exhibit the values and mission of SOLIDpastors and must work well with other leaders in the ministry (1 Corinthians 14:33).
- Lead: Influence clients, partners and the process to produce results and multiply transformation in God-given ministries (2 Timothy 2:2).
- Integrate: Integrate faith with work (Numbers 34:18).
- Design: Create unique solutions that are tailored to meet the specific needs of each ministry (Ephesians 2:10).
Supervision and Reporting
Reports to: Executive Director
Given to: Managing Directors of SOLIDpastors
To build and lead a successful startup ministry, from a 2018 budget of $50,000 to a 2019 budget of $300K, putting effective systems in place to scale the organization.
About SOLIDpastors’ Values
SOLID forms an acrostic, based on 2 Timothy 2:19 (God’s solid foundation). Our five core values are integrated in all we do. They are:
Serve with excellence—Serving Christian ministry leaders with services based in biblical truth (Mark 10:45; 2 Corinthians 6:4-8; 1 Peter 4:10).
Order from chaos—Ordering improved systems for individual, team and organizational effectiveness (Genesis 11:6-7; 1 Corinthians 14:40; Jos. 3:16).
Lead leaders to multiply—Leading personal and organizational transformations (2 Timothy 2:2; Romans 12:8c; Proverbs 12:24).
Integrate values with actions—Integrating leadership development and operational excellence best practices (Titus 2:7; Psalm 25:21; 2 Corinthians 1:12).
Design to stand the test of time—Designing maximum leverage and achieving greatest ministry impact (Ephesians 2:10; Psalm 19:1; Acts 7:44).
In order to embrace all legitimate denominations, SOLIDpastors’ Statement of Faith is the Apostles’ Creed as found in its original version. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles’ Creed for more information.
Email your resume to Daniel Mueller, [email protected]