SOLIDpastors in Austin, Texas, is looking for an Executive Director. The Executive Director (ED) is to lead and manage all aspects of the ministry, achieving the Vision and Mission of SOLIDpastors. SOLIDpastors’ vision is a coach for every pastor, and every pastor a coach, helping ministry leaders to finish well. SOLIDpastors is a global Christian ministry whose mission is to multiply highly competent ministry leaders through coaching, advising and coach certification, achieving powerful individual and organizational transformation and greater operational excellence.
SOLIDpastors is a donation-based global Christian ministry headquartered in Austin, Texas, with current operations in the USA and Latin America, and vision to expand to every major continent. We broker relationships between qualified coaches and advisors and local church and parachurch ministries, fostering transformation through coaching, advising, and certification services at a value point all ministries can afford.
Major Responsibilities of the Executive Director of SOLIDpastors
- Honor God: Ensure the culture, actions and results of SOLIDpastors are God honoring and consistent with SOLIDpastors’ vision, mission and values.
- Submit to Authority: Follow the direction of SOLIDpastors’ Board of Directors. Board members in alphabetical order are: Jim Barger, Otto Kladensky, Daniel Mueller, Ron Olfers and Joel Trammell. As Executive Director you will have a seat on the Board.
- Raise Money: Drive fund raising to meet the annual budgetary needs of the ministry, as approved by the Board.
- Drive Strategy: Establish strategic direction and priorities for the ministry. An ability to see “deep and wide” is essential in this function.
- Participate in (or lead) strategic planning efforts.
- Identify key implications of proposed strategic initiatives.
- Work with staff and volunteers to effectively implement strategic priorities.
- Report progress on strategic plans as needed to the Board of Directors.
- Manage Finances: Oversee all financial matters of the ministry to provide the resources needed for ministry.
- Manage the preparation and approval of the annual budget.
- Monitor finances, reviewing reports and trends on spending and receipts.
- Recommend solutions for unexpected events (shortfalls in receipts, special needs, etc.)
- Recruit Talent: Recruit and hire an executive team including Managing Directors in each region in which we operate. There is currently one Managing Director of Latin America, Otto Klandensky; we want to recruit one for North America as well, in addition to a Director of Client Services, who will support the coaching and advisory initiatives.
- Manage Staff: Supervise all staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Oversee staff development, using both in-house and outside resources, individually and collectively.
- Establish and manage the process for performance evaluation and improvement.
- Oversee personnel budget, including annual salary increases.
- Create and maintain other systems to help staff function effectively.
- Make changes in organizational structure and staff duties in line with changes in organizational priorities and needs.
- Ensure Compliance: Insure compliance with applicable laws and internal policies, recommending changes, as needed, in the areas of human resources, labor law, finance, and accounting. This includes delegation of authority for expenses, levels of insurance coverage, compliance with bank and loan covenants, and exercise signatory authority for all contracts and legal documents of the ministry.
- Establish Networks: Assist Managing Directors in their efforts to establish provider and client networks in their respective regions.
- Generate Leads: Work with Managing Directors to consistently produce lead generation in each of our ministry areas, including initiating and holding area workshops, setting up and managing a referral network, and church and religious association networking.
- Ensure Quality: Oversee the delivery of client services and certification of advisors and coaches, to ensure excellent quality service to the clients, providers and community.
- Provide Public Face: Be the client advocate and ministry advocate.
- Chair Advisory Board: Provide leadership for the advisory board.
- Deliver Services: Coach and advise clients as required, helping foster ministry leader transformation in their God-given ministries.
Values and Work Characteristics for the ED:
- Serve: Display, in word and deeds, a servant heart to meet client needs and expectations. Mark 10:45
- Order: Bring order and calm to chaos, using the proven SOLIDpastors tools and processes to produce consistent and predictable results. Must support and exhibit the values and mission of SOLIDpastors and must work well with other leaders in the ministry. 1 Corinthians 14:33
- Lead: Influence clients, partners and the process to produce results and multiply transformation in God-given ministries. 2 Timothy 2:2
- Integrate: Lead the process of assigning clients with the proper coaches and resources to achieve stated goals. Numbers 34:18
- Design: Create unique solutions for each client that are tailored to meet the specific needs of each ministry. Ephesians 2:10
Supervision and Reporting
Reports to: Board of Directors
Given to: Managing Directors of SOLIDpastors
To build and lead a successful startup ministry, from a 2018 budget of $50,000 to a healthy annual budget, effectively deploying capital to increase the number of qualified, certified coaches and advisors, clients receiving services, and organizational systems in place to scale the organization.
SOLID forms an acrostic, based on 2 Timothy 2:19 (God’s solid foundation). Our five core values are integrated in all we do. They are:
Serve with excellence—Serving Christian ministry leaders with services based in biblical truth. (Mark 10:45; 2 Cor. 6:4-8; 1 Pet. 4:10)
Order from chaos—Ordering improved systems for individual, team and organizational effectiveness. (Gen. 11:6-7; 1 Cor. 14:40; Jos. 3:16)
Lead leaders to multiply—Leading personal and organizational transformations. (2 Tim. 2:2; Rom. 12:8c; Prov. 12:24)
Integrate values with actions—Integrating leadership development and operational excellence best practices. (Titus 2:7; Psalm 25:21; 2 Cor. 1:12)
Design to stand the test of time—Designing maximum leverage and achieving greatest ministry impact. (Eph. 2:10; Psalm 19:1; Acts 7:44)
In order to embrace all legitimate denominations, SOLIDpastors’ Statement of Faith is the Apostles’ Creed as found in its original version. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles’_Creed for more information.
Send resumé to Daniel Mueller, Managing Partner, at [email protected]