Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Winston-Salem, North Carolina is a worshipping community that exists to be transformed by God’s grace into faithful servants of all by: Following Christ | Connecting with each other | Engaging the world.
The Director of Staff will integrate and align Redeemer’s vision into all key aspects of ministry and administration. To build personal and professional growth and learning for all staff, the director will promote a healthy culture of trust, communication, safety, conflict mediation, personal care, diligent work, high morale, creativity, inclusion, and affirmation.
- 5-7 years of leadership management experience required.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- College education or comparable experience desired.
- Organizational leader
- Team builder and coach
- Communication skills
- Administrative and organized
- Institutional and strategic thinker
- High people skills
- Collegial and collaborative with all
- Aligned with Redeemer vision
- Lead staff meetings and set rhythms and patterns for staff.
- Coach, mentor, and evaluate reports; train them to do the same with their reports.
- Develop and refine staff organizational structure to optimize mission as needed.
- Oversee financial, administrative, and operations staff.
- Work directly with pastoral staff.
- Set goals for self and with others that are aligned with Redeemer’s vision.
- Oversee the hiring, supervision, evaluation, and termination of employees.
- Create and chair a Personnel team.
- Create and manage HR systems for the staff.
- Ensure all staff members are appropriately trained in policies and procedures, with clear job descriptions, evaluations, compensation, benefits, etc.
Liaison and Communication
- Oversee all internal and external communications.
- Liaison between staff and Senior Pastor; assist him in communication among officers, staff, and congregation.
- Monitor and report relevant trends to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serve on Strategic Planning Committee and as a liaison between church and school.
- Help translate vision to function as it pertains to all staff and its programming.
- Meet regularly with the pastors to pray for and evaluate ongoing goals and plans.
- Ensure a good and timely budget process, in cooperation with officers and staff.
- Perform “church audits” to ensure we are on vision and mission; identify ministry areas not aligned with the purpose, convictions, or goals.
- Advise, assist, and support the development of the long-range vision with a special “eye” to its execution and implementation.
- Ensure the use of the campus is consistent with Redeemer’s ministry strategy.
- Ensure the church’s IT infrastructure supports ministry growth and innovation.
- Evaluate and facilitate compliance of church policies and procedures for all staff.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Job Type: Full-time
- Proposed Hire Date: 7/1/2019
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]