This church (contact the search firm for location) has been ranked one of the fastest growing churches in America for several years in a row. We are known as one of the largest, most influential and innovative churches in America. We are one church with seven locations, located in the central U.S., Florida and online. Our mission is to use the latest in technology, resources and music in a creative way to be relevant in reaching our world.
We are just getting started in doing what God has called us to do; reaching the world in a creative way so that people connect … people grow … and lives are changed.
The focus and responsibility of the Chief Operating Officer is to serve on the Senior Executive Team as the church’s COO with financial responsibility and oversight. The COO is responsible for assisting the Senior Pastor and the Senior Executive Team with operational strategic planning and goal setting. The COO ensures the operations of the church are in alignment with the goals and objectives of the church.
- Maintain the God-ordained priorities in your life, putting Jesus Christ at the center of everything including your spouse, children, and the ministry.
- Invest in and lead a small group in our church.
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of our church and always protect the unity God has given this church.
- Believe and operate in the gifts of the Spirit.
- Wholeheartedly believe in the empowerment of women in Pastoral leadership.
- Fully devoted follower of Christ.
- Person of Godly character and integrity.
- Loves our church and lives our vision and culture.
- In alignment with What We Believe and Leadership Core Values.
- Effective communicator—oral and written.
- Member of the Senior Executive Team.
- Partners with the Senior Pastor and the Senior Executive Team members in guiding the mission and vision of our church forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in day-to-day operations, finance, human resources, legal, current and future campus planning (operations), administration, Academy, information technology, facilities, coffee shops and bookstore.
- Finance—Work with the Senior Pastor and Senior Executive Team to develop forecasts and budgets, oversee entire budgeting process, manage financial systems, financial analysis, lead bookkeeping and accounting staff, reporting and accountability, investments, financial and banking relationships, responsibility for audit process, monthly financial report to Senior Executive Team, financial and budget support to the church teams, financial advisement—not fiscal responsibility.
- Human Resources—Develop a system/operation that fosters a world class working (serving) environment at the church, taking great care of the people who serve on our staff and attracting talent to help us grow.
- Legal—Maintain the church’s by-laws and legal policies and oversee all legal and insurance concerns.
- Campus Planning—Develop and manage the operational systems; build and oversee the operations team; develop and execute operational expansion strategies for existing and future campuses, including financial initiatives, master planning, design, architecture, contractor selection and construction.
- Administration—Develop and manage administrative staff and systems.
- Academy—Give monthly insight to the Academy Director assuring that we are developing babies to Pre-K in our Monday-Friday program, sending out world changers.
- IT—Assure that our infrastructure and day-to-day operations at the church are meeting the current and future needs of our organization, including optimizing weekend solutions and having a highly functioning relationship with the online campus and AV departments.
- Facilities—Lead the team to help acquire, build out and maintain facilities that provide environments that support the vision of the church.
- Coffee Shop and Bookstore—Staff and create an environment that reflects and promotes the values of the church through hospitality.
- Contribute to strategic planning by helping to shape the church’s strategy (short- and long-term), taking ownership of operational deliverables (including timelines, budgets, measurable goals, and stakeholder communications).
- Design and publish key dashboard metrics, both financial and non-financial.
- Responsible for software and systems (church database, payroll, accounting, HR, etc.) Leadership and oversight of software conversions.
- Ensure proper controls are implemented and functioning to ensure that the organization remains beyond reproach financially.
If this is you, you just might be a fit!
- Love Jesus and His Word.
- Heart for the house.
- Drama-free, please!
- Relationships, relationships, relationships.
- Fun, flexible, driven, goal-oriented and gets it done early.
- If you’re going to fit with the church staff, you must be happy and walk in joy.
- Fast paced.
- All in! Family and all.
- Expect and believe God’s greatest for your life.