XPastor has some samples of great resumes—either for you that need help in preparing your resume or for newcomers to the hiring process that need help knowing what a great resume looks like. David Fletcher put his stamp of approval on this resume and his comments are below, as well as a picture link to the resume.
Chris developed the best cover page to a resume that I’ve seen. See the first page of his resume.
- He posts all his contact information at the top of each page. Since it is in a smaller type size, it doesn’t get in the way, yet it is present! He is easy to contact.
- The crisp and professional color photo is relaxed yet polished.
- The Life Purpose clearly shares his vision for living.
- His education is on the front page, so I can easily see if he is within our preferences for a given position. The web addresses of the schools did not help me, but they are an innovative addition.
- The Experience section shares data in a flowing form. The bolded terms make it easy to read. On succeeding pages, he shared the data behind his overview paragraph by talking about each of his ministries with starting and stopping dates.
Because of this resume, Chris got an immediate phone call, which is virtually unheard of in our search process. As a candidate who lives locally, I invited him to lunch and heard his story. This resume stood out from 35 others and got immediate attention!
Because of Chris’ resume, good contacts and God’s providence, Chris became the Pastor of Small Groups in a Fellowship Church.