A few weeks ago, Fletch had the pleasure to be with multisite Chapelstreet Church of Geneva, Illinois. While there, he saw a 10-page magazine, Neighbor, summer 2018 edition. Fletch picked up a hard copy of the magazine and got permission to share the digital version with the XPastor community.
XPastor gives a “Gold XP” rating for this outstanding communications, envisioning and equipping magazine. It’s great to hear messages in the worship services about reaching your next-door neighbors. Chapelsteet has taken this to the next level by giving practical tools to use during the week.
The magazine has encouraging articles and top-notch photos. You can get hungry just looking at the meals. Included items are:
- The cover photo conveys a fun outdoor meal. It lures you into wanting to look further.
- The introduction article by the Senior Pastor, Jeff Frazier sets the vision: “Make it your personal ‘neighboring goal’ that by the end of summer, you will know the names of the families living closest to you, and that you will pray for each of them by name!”
- There is an article that takes the name of the church, Chapelstreet, and brings it home, literally. “Every house is like a chapel on its street.”
- Included are several pages of how to throw a backyard BBQ. They are motivational and full of ways to equip the church.
- There are pages with a story of neighboring and “fun and easy ways to meet your neighbors.”
- It concludes with two pages with the goal of blessing your neighbors and how to extend an invitation to special church events in the summer.
Congratulations to Chapelstreet for this excellent magazine. This is a great investment of church time and funds to reach neighbors. The magazine deserves the “Gold XP” rating from XPastor.