XPastor has collected various job descriptions from churches, to aid you in preparing job descriptions for yourself or others on your staff. Below is the job description for the Executive Pastor of Ridgecrest Baptist Church in Springfield, Missouri (over 1,400 in worship).
- Oversees the hiring of all full-time employees* (except senior pastor) (*in conjunction with senior pastor, elders, and appropriate leader-level supervisor).
- Develops and administers year-round program of evaluation, growth, and personal enrichment for all full-time employees.
- Develops and leads regular leadership staff meetings.
- Recommends salary adjustments, terminations, and the creation of new positions (in counsel with the senior pastor and elders).
- Serves as coach and encourager to the paid staff.
- Produces the annual ministry budget (in concert with all appropriate leadership and laity).
- Oversees the approved annual spending plan.
- Oversee the maintenance, upkeep, and efficient operations of all buildings and grounds for the main campus and auxiliary campus.
- Seeks to create a positive, productive work environment.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and presentation of Ridgecrest Baptist Church to the membership and to the community.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Passion and joy in serving Jesus.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle.
- A strong, growing relationship with spouse and children (if married).
- A sense of call to this position.
- An example to believers in faith and conduct.
- A person under authority.
- Team-based leadership abilities.
- Relational strengths/abilities.
- Communication skills.
- Multi-task oriented/organizational skills.
- College and/or seminary degree in area of interest.
- Minimum five years experience in local church, multi-staff Adult Education Ministry.
- Commitment to life-long learning.