XPastor tries to help churches by providing some of the essentials for running a church—items like job descriptions, employment applications, review forms and policies. Below is the Elder Covenant from Lighthouse Community Church of Kalamazoo, Michigan from 2011-2012.
We pledge before God to live out the principles laid out in this covenant. As a spiritual Elder of Lighthouse Community Church serving on the local board of administration.
- I will live a life that is set apart and pleasing to God.
- I will remain grounded in God’s Word, spending time each day in prayer and devotion.
- I will exemplify Christ in my daily life, so that all I come in contact with will know that I am a servant of the Almighty God.
- I will live an accountable life to my fellow leaders as well as holding the other Elders accountable to live a life set apart.
- I will deny my desires for the desires of God in my life, my family and my church.
Lead Others on the Spiritual Journey
- I will love others, as Christ loves me.
- I will pour into others.
- I will lead others on the journey to advance God’s Kingdom.
Courageous Church Leadership
- I will lift up the leadership, staff, and congregation of this church with prayer and encouragement.
- I will show courage and stand by the decisions of the board, having faith that God is leading each decision.
- I will be a servant leader and an active member of ministry.
- I will focus my time and energy only on things that will bring glory to God and not lower my reputation to gossip.
(Signature lines, where each Elder can sign document)
View the original PDF: Elder Covenant