Friday, August 3, 2018
Hey Fletch … Do you have any articles concerning sexual abuse policies in the church? Also, when are you going to be in Long Island this fall for the Smart Money for Church Salaries workshop?
DRF—We will be doing the Smart Money for Church Salaries workshop on Long Island on September 19. It would be great to have you there. The workshop will be a tremendous asset to you in your ministry. I’d encourage you to bring a team of paid people and volunteers with you. Key leaders in the church and in finance would greatly benefit.
Attorneys Gregory Love & Kimberlee Norris are some of the best people working on the subject of sexual abuse. They will also have a Sexual Abuse Summit in the fall. Good articles and polices on XPastor include:
- This article by Greg and Kim is a fantastic resource for you: Sexual Abuse Response Planning and MinistrySafe Institute Teaches about Sexual Abuse.
- Paul Utnage has written a great article, Survival Skills for Managing Moral Failures Among Your Leaders.
- I also like this article on Teaching Sensitive Topics Policy from Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Check out Josh Evans’ article on Boundaries for Youth Leaders.
- These Personnel Policies from Central Baptist Church of Hixon are good.
- This HR Manual from Seven Mile Road Church in Boston has material for you.
- Here is the Employee Handbook from Christ Community Church of Chicago.
This topic is of vital importance!