Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Hey Fletch … Do you have toolbox of what are the most essential Human Resources policies to have?
DRF—That’s a big question. Unfortunately, there are many policies that a church should have. Society has become more and more complex, with rules promulgating like rabbits.
A good list of HR policies will include discussion of:
- Employment Status
- Equal opportunity employment, including how the church hires people of like faith
- New hire process
- The Fair Labor Standards Act and exemptions
- Ministerial exemption
- Immigration law
- Work and workplace
- Standards of conduct
- Intellectual property and work for hire
- Conflict of interest
- Safety and health
- Record keeping of hours for non-exempt workers
- Access to records and medical information
- Performance evaluations
- Employee benefits and conduct
- Sexual misconduct
- Disciplinary procedures
- Grievance procedures
Check out examples of staff policies on this page.