XPastor tries to help churches by providing some of the essentials for running a church—items like job descriptions, employment applications, review forms and policies. Below is the Credit Card Policy of the First Church of the Nazarene of Medford, Oregon.
For pastoral staff and lead custodian
- Personal items may not be charged at any time for any reason.
- There will be NO cash withdrawals.
- Only ministry related items are appropriate to be charged. (If there is a question, talk to the Finance Committee Chairperson or the Executive Pastor.)
- Credit card statements will be given to each pastor as soon as they arrive at the church. Each pastor is responsible for attaching matching receipts and purchase orders for each charge to their statement and returning it to the bookkeeper within three working days of receipt of the statement.
- Misuse of the card:
- First offense—card surrendered for three months.
- Second offense—card surrendered for twelve months.
- Third offense—results in corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
- If a receipt is lost, the pastor pays for the item personally, unless other independent documentation is available (duplicates are often available from the establishment). If no receipt is given, a paper signed by the clerk stating “no receipt” is needed with the date, cost of item, tax or tip, if applicable, and name of the store.
- Credit limits must be respected. Over-limit charges come out of the individual pastor’s ministry if over-limit is his fault. If over-limit is the fault of a bookkeeping error, it will be charged to operations. It is imperative that pastors are aware of credit limits at all times. Credit limits are as follows: All Pastors $2,000.
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately.
- The Pastor of Church Operations will enforce these policies. Finance Committee will periodically review statements to ensure that documentation and credit limits are followed.
Each pastor will sign a copy of this policy at the time credit card is issued.
I have read the Church Credit Card Policy. I understand, and agree to abide by the terms.