Senior Pastor of Wheatfield Neighborhood Church 500 in worship
The local church staff must always be viewed of as a team, with the whole ministry of the church in view. As such, the person serving in the described position will at all times see himself as a minister to the entire congregation of the church. Notwithstanding this though, staff members do have different areas of responsibility, and it is prudent to recognize and define these areas of responsibility. As such, the purpose of this Working Agreement is to provide a focus for the position of Senior Pastor, but it is not meant to limit the scope of responsibility and action to only that which is written herein.
- A passion for God and evidence of a growing relationship with Christ.
- Evidence of the character qualities for church leaders as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- A love for people of all ages and a clear sense of calling to vocational pastoral ministry.
Responsibilities of the Senior Pastor
- Be directly accountable to the Board of Elders in a manner that is not in conflict with his relationship to the District and National offices of the C&MA as specified in the Manual of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Have oversight of the church in a manner consistent with the instructions and guidelines