Senior Pastor of Northwest Bible Church in Dallas, Texas 2,400 in worship
Reports to: Chairman of the Elder Board
Works with: Executive Pastor and Elder Board
Supervises: Associate Ministers to Singles
Scope: The Senior Pastor is responsible for shepherding the congregation through a ministry of preaching and leadership.
Word & Prayer (60%)
- Study at a consistent depth for adequate teaching and preaching in the worship services.
- Be consistent in prayer for the church and lead the church in prayer.
- Plan, lead and preach at the worship services.
Church Leadership (30%)
- Communicate the vision of the church to its members.
- Serve as an Elder, leading the Board along with the Chairman.
- Shepherd the staff by leading the spiritual life segment of the weekly staff meeting, with a focus on the Core Vision Team and worship leaders.
- Participate as needed with the Executive Pastor in hiring of new ministers and annual employee reviews.
Ministerial Issues (10%)
- Shepherd the shepherds of the congregation and missionaries.
- Through the elders, accept a limited number of weddings, counseling appointments and funerals.
- Minister by phone, email, letters, and in person to the body and community.