Executive Pastor of Irving Bible Church in Irving, Texas 3,000 in worship.
Execute the Vision of the Senior Pastor with the Staff
- Commit to the vision and become creatively involved in its development.
- Oversee and support staff in understanding and fulfilling vision in their area of ministry.
- Set specific, measurable goals with the staff and manage the feedback loop to insure that goals are being achieved.
- Handle personnel conflicts and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Supervise the adult ministry administrator who is responsible for implementing the ongoing programs in adult ministry.
- Lead management team meetings by creating agendas and facilitating their completion.
- Streamline and define communication and authority paths on the IBC staff that maximize personal creativity while minimizing bureaucracy.
Coordinate IBC Ministries for Maximum Efficiency
- Review goals, resources (facilities) and budgets, communicate details and coordinate events and facilities’ scheduling.
- Conduct formal search process in hiring staff and also the formal procedure in dismissing or repositioning of staff.
- Oversee budget development, budget adherence and cash flow with financial administrator.
- Coordinate with the staff new ministry initiatives from the congregation or church leadership.
- Give vital feedback to the senior pastor on rate and speed of implementation of the vision, required resources, etc.
- Institutionalize policies and procedures.
Cast Vision for Adult Ministries and Initiate New Ministries as God Leads
- Develop a streamlined, biblical purpose statement and philosophy of ministry for adult discipleship.
- Cast vision for how this might look at IBC in the next five years.
- Repurpose adult classes and seminars so that they are purposeful and progressive in meeting the stated goals of adult discipleship at IBC.
- Launch new adult ministries consistent with the IBC adult ministry vision.
- Spearhead the development of small group ministry at IBC. Work with Rick Knight and/or other volunteer small group personnel to keep the ministry publicized, operating effectively and growing.
Used by permission