Executive Pastor of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
To serve the church by coordinating and implementing the program of the church. Working under the direction of the senior pastor to facilitate the vision, develop new programs in keeping with established goals, maximize the effectiveness of present programs, give leadership to program staff members and supervise staff members and volunteers involved in this ministry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet regularly with the senior pastor to clarify vision, goals and strategy.
- Evaluate the evolving needs of the congregation and work to strengthen the present program in keeping with those needs.
- Supervise the work of program staff members, meeting regularly with and providing leadership to them in areas of individual goal-setting and accountability. Receive quarterly goal statements and evaluations from staff members for the purpose of review and discussion.
- Facilitate the development of programs through staff members, committees and boards of the church.
- Build solid staff relations by:
- Developing written personnel policies and procedures
- Developing job descriptions
- Participating in hiring of departmental or program staff members
- Evaluating staffing stru