Skip to content
Executive Pastor 1,400
Executive Pastor of the First Evangelical Free Church in Memphis, Tennessee 1,400 in worship
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain a constant pastoral presence within the body of First Evan.
- Maintain a limited personal counseling load.
- Perform weddings, funerals and baptisms, as needed.
- Represent the Senior Pastor in his absence.
- Shepherd young marrieds.
- Catalyze the design and development of new ministries.
- Oversee Business Administrator.
- Assist in budget and expenditure planning and oversight.
- Assist in resolution of personnel issues of support staff.
Oversee Pastoral Staff
- Assist in strategic development and design of their ministry areas.
- Assist in professional development of ministry staff: Evaluations and oversee use of education/seminar lines.
- Oversee resolution of personnel issues with pastoral staff.
- Work toward cohesion between support and ministry staff.
- Assist the Senior Pastor to oversee fellowship and team development of church staff.
- Maintain pastoral care to staff members.
- Execute and facilitate the directives of the Senior Pastor.
- Ensure equity and cohesion between various ministries.
- Assist various ministries in maintaining visibility within the church.
- Monitor and maintain ministry focus toward church purpose statement and general goals and values of First Evan.
- Kitchen Cabinet
- Personnel Committee
- Budget Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Session (non-voting)