Executive Director of Ministries of Beechwood Church in Holland, Michigan, 500 in worship
This position is responsible for:
- Day-to-day administration, management and operations of the church.
- Continuing development of a strategic vision process which is endorsed by the leadership and the congregation.
- Execution of an effective and efficient means for supporting the church’s ministries, resources and personnel.
- Assistance to the pastoral staff as needed for the ministry of the church.
Position: Executive, Ministry Support
- Accountable to: Senior Pastor
- Ministry target: Church in general
- Position is: Paid staff
- Position may be filled by: Church member or non-member
- Minimum maturity level: Solid, very mature Christian
- Spiritual gifts: Administration and Leadership
- Talents or abilities desired: Good organizational skills, ability to lead others, strategic thinking, proven business experience including finance, solid Bible interpretation
- Best personality traits: Leader-dependable, Expresser, Team Builder
- Passion for: Assisting the pastoral staff and Consistory in leading the church
- Length of service commitment: Two years minimum
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: Full time, off on Saturday and one day during week, not to coincide with the senior pastor, except for emergencies and special occasions.
- Participating in meetings/training: As required.
- Manage the daily operations of the church.
- Conduct goal setting, performance reviews and staff training.
- Implement church policies and procedures under direction of the Consistory.
- Assist leadership in defining the dynamic vision for the church in accordance with Scripture and “The Purpose Driven Church.”
- Assist the church’s ministries in developing ministry plans that provide for achieving the immediate, near-term and longer-term goals and objectives.
- Together with the leadership (Elders and Deacons), provide oversight and administrative support to all established and new ministries of the church.
- Pray for and support the pastoral staff. Assist in solving ministry problems.
- Facilitate staff meetings and leadership training sessions.
- Help develop and oversee ministry budgets and monitor ministry expenditures.
- Develop and recommend strategies for ministry growth and program development.
- Coordinate all aspects of the church’s internal and external communications and media efforts.
- Assist the pastoral staff and Consistory so that foundational beliefs of Scripture are accepted, adhered to and promoted by all individuals in a position of leadership and ministry support.
- Assist in orientation of church leaders regarding church ministries and operation.