Blue Springs Christian Church (BSCC) is a nondenominational, Bible-believing church located on the east side of Kansas City, Missouri. The church currently welcomes an average of 1,100 adults and children to its Sunday worship services. BSCC is filled with followers of Jesus who love God and love each other. We have a heart for serving and sharing God’s love and compassion with our community and world. Our mission is very simple: We are here to guide children, students and adults into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus—together.
BSCC is searching for an Executive Pastor to guide the staff and direct the operations of the church. This ministry position will provide a pivotal and strategic role, requiring a leader who knows how to work well with vocational ministers, volunteers, and the business elements of a church.
To assist the Overseers and Lead Pastor in overseeing the health, vision and mission of the church. Oversee the goals and work of the staff. Oversee the legal and financial aspects of the church. Oversee matters pertaining to facilities and grounds. Assist the church as needed. This person will report to the Lead Pastor.
Staff and Volunteers
- Supervise the work of the Ministry Staff.
- Supervise the work of the Bookkeeper, Receptionist and Maintenance Manager.
- Supervise the custodial work.
- Coordinate the following teams and individuals: Security; Finance; Building and Grounds; Emergency Response; Treasurer.
- Maintain church insurance policies.
- Coordinate receipts, recording and disbursements of church funds.
- Manage building security and safety.
- Maintain a handbook of church policies and guidelines.
- IT Management.
- Coordinate the scheduling of vehicle use and maintenance.
- Implement the Fundraising and Special Donation guidelines.
- Coordinate the Sunday morning attendance count.
- Implement church personnel policies including benefits, rates of pay, and regulations.
- Prepare annual salary ranges for all positions.
- Maintain personnel records and employee handbook.
BSCC is offering a competitive salary and benefits, coupled with a mission that is Christ-centered. Candidates need to submit the following:
- A cover letter
- A resume which includes education, experience, and a minimum of three professional references.
Applications can be either emailed to Dick Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 816-229-0322 or mailed to:
Blue Springs Christian Church
Attention: Dick Owen
7920 South 7 Highway
Blue Springs, MO 64014
If you have questions about the position, please contact Dick Owen at 816-229-3910.