XPastor has collected various job descriptions from churches, to aid you in preparing job descriptions for yourself or others on your staff. Below is the job description for the Executive Pastor of Richland Bible Church in Richland, Michigan (2,400 in worship).
This pastor is working under the sole direction of the Senior Pastor and in close cooperation with the elder team to assure the implementation of the vision, mission, purposes and values of RBC, as established by the Elder Team. He will develop and implement a strategic plan from the Senior Pastor’s vision that involves all ministries of Richland Bible Church, and provide administrative oversight and leadership of all church personnel, systems and operations to facilitate that vision. This is a full time, salaried position.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and oversee weekly pastoral staff meetings
- Meet regularly with the Elder team
- Meet individually with pastoral staff on a regular basis for personal and program development
- Oversee staff development and evaluations
- Monitor all church programs for effectiveness and consistency with the vision
- Manage and oversee budgetary preparation and compliance reports
- Manage and oversee all legal, insurance, corporation business and plant and facility operations
- Leadership skills: Coaching of staff, with ability to hold them accountable; systems thinker; decision maker; big picture perspective but with an eye to detail implementation.
- Pastoral skills and gifts: Must be willing to stand on Biblical principles; have a healthy balance between personal life and ministry; spiritual gift of administration and leadership; must be elder qualified; ministry heart for staff and members of the congregation; close kinship in philosophy with RBC and, specifically, with the Senior Pastor.
Used by permission.