Over 500 in Worship
Trinity Baptist Church
The purpose of the Church Administrator is to organize information, manage team logistics, communicate information relating to the church calendar and building usage, and work toward keeping the day-to-day operations at Trinity organized and clear.
Hours: 37 per week
Reports to: Executive Pastor
- The Church Administrator is responsible to manage the church office.
- To offer a knowledgeable presence during office hours.
- To facilitate church communication networks: bulletins, phones, etc
- To manage office policy enforcement: building use, bulletin boards, mailboxes, flyers, etc.
- Manage the flow of supplies.
- To facilitate and schedule building usage in conjunction with staff.
- To maintain and communicate the master church calendar.
- In conjunction with the Community Team and ministry leaders, update the Information Booth and alert volunteers to changes.
- The Church Administrator works to alert staff as to what’s needed and when in order for the organization to run smoothly.
- Manage office resources to support staff projects
- Manage communications between staff and Operation’s representative regarding repairs, scheduling maintenance, usage, etc.
- Available for direct administrative support for the Sr and Executive Pastors.
- Oversee the church database (ACS) and its use.
- The Church Administrator plays a vital role in weekly staff meetings and helps communicate information pertaining to the church calendar, building usage, and other relevant information.
- The Church Administrator is responsible to oversee all paid office staff and volunteers. This should include scheduling individual time to help develop and coach the individual’s leadership and ministry development.
- The Church Administrator will work with the Worship Pastor to coordinate the necessary resources for Sunday worship.
- The Church Administrator is responsible to hold his/her staff accountable in their budget spending, time usage, and personal and professional relationships.
Ministry Strategy Responsibilities
- The Church Administrator is an integral part of Trinity’s leadership team. She will work in conjunction with the staff team in the yearly review of church ministries and overall church strategy.
- The Church Administrator is available as a resource to the volunteer leaders to help facilitate as able.
- The Church Administrator is responsible to perform the reviews & evaluation of all paid staff members who report directly to the Church Administrator on an annual basis and present annual goals for the following year to the Executive Pastor.
- The Church Administrator will participate in the planning of Trinity’s annual Vision Casting Night. Vision casting night is Trinity’s annual business meeting and presentation of each ministry’s direction for the coming year.
- The Church Administrator is expected to help coordinate and participate in Trinity’s annual Staff Retreat.
- The Church Administrator is responsible to provide weekly agreed upon staff summaries of the regular staff meeting to the Elder Team.
- In partnership with the Executive Pastor, the Church Administrator is responsible to “ring the bell” on issues related to the annual finance calendar, annual meeting, nominating team, annual vision planning or other s that may arise.
Business/Human Resource Responsibilities
- The Church Administrator works with the church treasurer to facilitate the day to day business of fiscal responsibility. This includes overseeing the payment of bills, reimbursements, and the issuing of checks.
- Responsible to develop and oversee the office budget.
- Keep current on policies that affect church finances and alert staff.
- Insurance. The Church Administrator will work with the Executive Pastor to oversee, along with Trinity’s finance team, all insurance details for Health Insurance, Disability & Workman’s Comp, Property & Abuse, and Liability Insurance.
- Laws & Taxes. The Church Administrator is responsible to oversee, along with Trinity’s finance team, Trinity’s compliance with State & Federal Laws and State & Federal taxes.
- Staff Benefits. The Church Administrator is responsible to oversee proper records for staff vacation days, raises, and benefits.
- The Church Administrator will work in conjunction with the Executive Pastor to create, manage, and maintain all church policy handbooks. These handbooks will contain all appropriate policies and guidelines and will be made easily available to all staff.
- The Church Administrator is to have a real relationship with Jesus Christ and is to be actively seeking a deeper relationship with Him. This belief should be lived out in such a way that it is obvious and real to those in the leadership of Trinity and the church family.
- The Church Administrator is to be a team player of Trinity Church.
- The Church Administrator will recognize that working with a team is essential to successful ministry. It is expected that he work closely with other staff members and develop a support team of volunteers made up of team players.
- The Church Administrator will be disciplined and diligent with his/her time, keeping a balance between home and work. Obviously there are exceptions in a work week. However, one’s family should not be sacrificed for the sake of the ministry.
- The Church Administrator is to spend time through out the year developing her skills in ministry, developing her character, and sharpening her knowledge and understanding in ministering to people while fulfilling her role as Church Administrator.
- Professional review and development should occur through honest and ongoing feedback. Deliberate and meaningful conversations are expected with the Executive Pastor on at least a monthly basis. An annual evaluation of the Church Administrator will occur through the Elders in conjunction with the Executive Pastor and Senior Teaching Pastor.