XPastor has collected various job descriptions from churches, to aid you in preparing job descriptions for yourself or others on your staff. Below is the job description for the Business Administrator and Minister to Senior Adults of Stough Memorial Baptist Church in Pineville, North Carolina (over 500 in worship).
The Business Administrator serves in support of the Senior Pastor in the administration of the business functions of the church. He shall be responsible for the oversight of SMBC Facilities, Finances, Human Resources, Communications, and Information Services, working closely with the committees that serve in these areas. He shall also be responsible for providing care, support, counseling, participation, and organization to the overall Senior Adult Ministry of Stough.
- This position shall be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- This position shall be a team player, and will work in cooperation with other Pastoral Staff and Ministry leaders within the church.
- This position shall receive an annual review in June from the Senior Pastor.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Building and Grounds Committee to maintain all church property in good condition.
- Authorize necessary repairs to be done in the most economical manner and within the limitations of the church budget.
- Report to the Senior Pastor and appropriate committees any extraordinary maintenance required and make recommendations for action to be taken.
- Direct facility maintenance personnel to see that the church buildings and grounds are maintained to standards of cleanliness and appearance that benefits the status of this church in the community.
- Oversee the use of church facilities to groups or organizations approved by the Senior Pastor and coordination of the church’s master calendar.
- Work with the Church Use Committee to develop procedures and rules for the use of church property and oversee the adherence to these rules.
- Ensure an accurate inventory of all equipment (furniture, office equipment, fixtures, etc.)
- Keep abreast of all laws and regulations affecting church property.
- Oversee security of the grounds.
- See that all keys are kept secure and implementation of key checkout system.
- Responsible for Greeter Ministry.
- Responsible to supervise all hired contractors to assure the job is being done in a safe, timely, wise, and fiscally prudent manner according to the contract and in a least disruptive manner. Be sure all governmental permits have been secured and are honored.
- Act as liaison for all fiscal activities working directly with the Finance Committee.
- Supervise Financial Secretary in maintaining good accounting records.
- Assist in identifying budget line item overages, determining causes, and developing financial policies to assure adherence.
- Insurance planning, updating, and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain purchase order system.
- Initiate annual budget preparation. Track budget with department heads throughout the year.
- Ensure Sunday morning collection procedures are clear and secure.
- Ensure banking operations are managed properly.
- Serve as central purchasing agent for office supplies and equipment. For large purchases, perform price comparisons, secure bids, prepare proposals and provide recommendations.
- Provide final authority in any day-to-day purchases, investment and financial decisions.
- Act as administrative staff liaison between pastoral staff, pastor, and leadership team.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and terminate support staff, including secretary, maintenance and janitorial in consultation with Personnel Committee and Senior Pastor.
- Oversee contracted personnel and special service personnel.
- Maintain current job descriptions for all staff members.
- Attend to circumstances where support staff performance is less than satisfactory.
- Coordinate volunteers as needed.
- Facilitate annual performance reviews for Ministry Support Staff and make recommendations for salary increases.
- Serve as Editor of church publications including, but not limited to: weekly bulletin, monthly newsletter, flyers, inserts, brochures, programs, booklets, etc.
- Track advertising costs and direct effective marketing plan.
- Oversee all printing, graphics, advertising, and public relations materials and programs
- Oversee the Information Services and Technical Teams of the church.
- Develop Information Services plan for the church, including purchasing, installing, upgrading, and maintaining equipment needed to operate in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.
- Set policies and guidelines for use of all church-owned computer and technical equipment.
Minister to Senior Adults
- Provide an organized program for Senior Adults in keeping with the purposes and values of the church.
- Care for and minister to the needs of Senior Adults, including hospital and nursing home visitation, counseling, and assistance when needed.
- Participate actively in Senior Adult fellowships and social activities.
- Develop programs for spiritual growth designed specifically for Senior Adults.
- Lead, support, promote, and develop the Senior Adult Ministry of Stough.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.