XPastor has collected various job descriptions from churches, to aid you in preparing job descriptions for yourself or others on your staff. Below is the job description for the Senior Pastor of Stonebriar Community Church of Frisco, Texas (over 2,400 in worship).
To lead the church towards the fulfillment of its purpose as taught in Scripture and as stated in its Bylaws and to preach the word of God to the mutual edification, instruction and discipline of its members and believers; winning of the unsaved to Christ; helping young Christians develop their spiritual lives; instructing children in the Word of God; and furthering the cause of Christ on the mission fields at home and abroad.
To actively have a part in leading men and women, boys and girls, in all nations, to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach and preach God’s Word.
- Supervise the Senior Associate Pastor.
- Maintain oversight of the ministries of the church.
- Be available to the congregation for counsel, weddings, funerals, baptisms and communion, as able and as needed.
- Participate in the work of Stonebriar Community Church.
- Be accountable to the Board of Elders and ultimately the congregation.
- Board Relationships:
- Be a voting member of the Board of Elders and General Boards.
- Have the power of address and serve as an ex officio member of all boards and committees of the church.
- Serve as moderator for the senior staff meetings and be responsible for the oversight of all ministries in the church.
- Actively contributes to the improvement of the ministry of Stonebriar Community Church and provides prayerful support.
- Functions well with co-workers, treating them with honor and grace.
- Encourages spiritual focus and commitment by modeling the Core Values of Stonebriar Community Church.
- Improvement of Ministry Operations: Contributes toward the improvement of the ministry as a whole.
Be a man of true Christian experience and established character:
- Qualify for his office according to the standards of 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1.
- Ordained as a minister of the Gospel.
- Ability to work on a team towards specific goals in a mutually edifying and supportive manner.
- A teachable and open attitude.
- A commitment to the Statement of Faith and Core Values as stated in the Bylaws of Stonebriar Community Church.
- Membership in Stonebriar Community Church as soon as practicable after joining the staff.
Used by permission