The Sexual Abuse Summit, planned for Thursday, October 22, is an event designed for all church and ministry leaders. Regarding the subject of child abuse, many church and ministry leaders are asking the same difficult questions:
- Where do we start? What do we need to know?
- What is an effective safety system? Is what we’re doing at present enough?
- Isn’t a criminal background check enough?
- How should I respond to an allegation of abuse?
- Do changes in the law and licensure requirements impact my ministry?
The purpose of the Summit is to provide ministry leaders with information and resources essential to protect children and those who serve them. Summit topics include:
- Preventative measures and resources
- Responding to an allegation
- Caring for victims and their families
- Mandatory reporting requirements
- Changes in the law
- … and more
Summit speakers will address critical issues facing ministry leaders regarding child sexual abuse. Attendees will leave with access to ministry-specific resources vital to protect children in ministry programs.
Location: First Baptist Church—Atlanta, Georgia
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2015
Time: 9:00 am – 4:45 pm
Cost: $15 (includes full day event, section materials and lunch)
The Summit will be led by a faculty of attorneys and experts who repeatedly address child sexual abuse issues faced by ministry leaders:
- Attorney Gregory Love
- Attorney Kimberlee Norris
- Attorney David Middlebrook
- Attorney Matt Anthony
Visit the Sexual Abuse Summit website for more information or to register.